Car Insurance For Learner Drivers?

Lauriedog123

My gf is taking driving lessons and wants to practice in my car. However as she does not have a driving licence yet if she had a bump or injured somebeody I imagine my insuarnce company woiuld say "we don't want to know", is there such as thing as insurance coiver for provisional drivers (is there such a thign as a provisioanl driving licence even?).

The attitude seems to be just drive slowly evertything will be OK, not in my b.... car matee!

Dave

Thailand has two kinds of DL the first is a one year that is called temporary. Then they have a five year license. You and I have to get the one year first after wards we can have the 5 year. Your GF will automatically get the 5 year. There is no learning license in Thailand. Insurance goes with the car not the driver. Is there an insurance for some learning? Not to my knowledge but you can ask your broker.

My Insurance company has told me that if she buys a car before she has passed the test she can get class 3 insurance on her car, if she were to drive my car which has class 1 without a licence she would not be covered.

Your partner can buy a car without a license and can insure it for 1st, 2nd or 3rd Class - as it is the car that is insured. However it is still illegal for her to drive without a license therefore any insurance claim could be disallowed.