I Can Now Receive Pattaya 88.5 Radio

Richb2004v2

Since yesterday I have been picking up a Pattaya English radio station in the car around Ban Chang. The frequency is 88.5. It plays good music as well as chat and news. Previously I lost the station a couple of Km's before Ban Chang. Has anyone else noticed this or has is been possible for others to receive it before? I still can't get it in the house on my Philips radio though for some reason. I hope it continues as it will be another small improvement to life in Ban Chang.

I have picked up the Mix as far as 100 km from Pattaya, to the east and to the northeast. The strength of the signal is quite variable, however. Some days I can get it, and other days not. It's stronger to the north, but I've only tested it as far as Chonburi. Excellent radio station, with BBC radio news in addition to a good music selection.

The Mix 88.5

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Download Radio? Sure! on the computer at home. Over 13,000 stations to choose from. It can also record programs as MP3's, then burn a CD and you have a few hours of good radio when you drive.

I just bought an AV receiver that can connect to the internet. It has internet radio built in. Fantastic! I listened to bossa nova jazz last night on a station in Argentina. Great stuff! We can also pickup many stations here in Thailand...

Download Radio? Sure! on the computer at home. Over 13,000 stations to choose from. It can also record programs as MP3's, then burn a CD and you have a few hours of good radio when you drive.

I listen to BBC radio over the net and download dozens of podcasts to my i-pod too. However it is nice to be able to jump in the car and have an English radio station at hand.

• 1 month later...

I've pretty much lost that station again. It is now very much intermittent which is a shame. I wonder what causes it? Maybe weather conditions.

Could be the weather, but it's very patchy driving round the town, is quite clear in some sois, in others some Thai station cuts over it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if all the overhead electrical cables effect radio pickup. I find stations come and go over the space of a kilometer. In one spot in Ban Chang I get 88FM perfectly, but then move 6 feet and it completely changes. 6 feet later and it's back again perfectly. Strange.