Suvarnabhumi Airport Should Be A Model Not An Embarrassment

webfact

1. We could take the express line to Makkasan, which isn't too far from where we live. But then we'd have to either take a taxi home or walk or take taxi to Petchburi MRT, and then MRT to Asoke BTS and then onto our home BTS station, and walking home from there.

I have no problem with having a station at Makkasan, though why they couldn't have located it closer to Petchburi MRT is a really good question. But since they didn't, at least they could have make some arrangement to help airport travelers better access Petchburi MRT...like shuttle vans that are used in many cases elsewhere.

Actually the Makkasan station is within spitting distance of the Asoke(Ratchada) end and MRT station... I watched them build it everyday for a year as I went into the Petchburi subway station. I kept looking inside for where they were digging the (Humm) "Logical" Link-up to the Airport-Link... after all they would only need a short tunnel to connect them, and which being Thailand doesn't exist...

But everyone should relax about this... There is more corruption to be made with a NEW contract issued to fix the errors and make the connection.. just remember when they opened the Subway and the BTS Sukhumvit & MRT Asoke intersecting stations didn't connect... Took more than a year before they started to construct the existing structure.. which of course can't meet at the top level on an even plane... So Makkasan and Petchburi MRT should be connected within 2 years.. you have my word on this! 55555555

(Have you ever noticed that when they connect 2 structures, or build extensions, there is ALWAYS a step up or down as you cross over?)

"AMAZING" Thailand.... What an appropriate Logo!

CS

As an American travel writer living in Nepal, I can't agree at all with this recent swag at Suvarnabhumi. Granted, I liked the old airport better (mostly because of the attached hotel) but come on, the facilities in Thailand compared to say India, Nepal, or other SA regional airports is top notch. The fact that the train links to downtown now is a great big plus. I get to try it out on Monday, and if I think of it, I can report back. I have been coming to BKK several times a year for the past decade or so, and I have not once had a problem with a cab from the airport. I do agree that prices are high, but what airport in the world isn't plagued with that? As for sleeping quarters, well, it's not like I ever plan on that. During the Yellow Shirt takeover I was stranded, but Thai airways put me up for more then 5 days at a great hotel and paid for most of it. What a great cheap vacation! How much more hospitable can one expect? Well, that's the views of one frequent tourist...

Hear Hear; finally someone that appreciates the airport, I've flown in/out of there 25/30 times, never had a problem with a "Farang Taxi" as another poster claims - most of the robberies, rip offs, and whatnot are most likely somene trying to bargain thier way into a cheaper ride back from the airport, I've taken the train to Phaya Thai, only had to walk a short distance - with luggage - to get the train - I have taken the city bus which droppes me off at the hotel I stay in on Soi 11, Taxi's, Limo's and in twnty five years never been robbed of 'ripped off' maybe because I took the trouble to learn a little Thai they treat me better than the complaining muckluck posters above.........Thanx for the positive spin. :) :) :)

to change the subject; TunnelRat, heard this during the Viet era against the Vietcong soldiers hiding inside their cuchi tunnel. Were you a real tunnel rat recruit soldier to hunt down the Vietcongs? Several of my upper classmen in school were scouted to become tunnelrats.

Stating facts and asking why they couldn't have done things better in ways that make obvious sense is neither bitching nor moaning... Look the two words up in the dictionary (if you own one and can read English), you might be surprised...

i love articles that start im not moaning but... and then do nothing but bitch great!

by the way im not moaning but .....

You need to relax a little or just keep on moaning.... hel_l i'm sure you are right all the time in your own little world:P