'Ask' Toolbar

evanson

Quite suddenly yesterday evening the Ask toolbar installed itself. I loathe it and want my Google page back. (yes I know I can get Google in the littlte list on top right dropdown. I went into 'add and remove' on my control panel and it's not showing now, but the Ask is still there:annoyed:

How to get finally rid please? Thankyou

Is it off your browser? If so and the problem is just getting it off the programs list then download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, install and use that, it's a small handy utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

If it's on your browser, in Firefox go to tools>add-ons, then check extension and check the ASK toolbar>click uninstall then restart firefox.

Now try uninstalling from programs removal.

Edited by sillyman99

Astral it is a cunning little blighter that takes a little more removing. Even when it does show in the control panel / add remove it doesn't remove it. It is unusual for it to just install itself. As said it normally comes with something else you install and if you do not read the install options carefully and un-tick the install ask toolbar box it installs by default.

I've tried the 'remover', the tools>extensions (Ask doesn't even show up in that as well as my add/remove) and nothing's worked. I think it installed itself with Avast, perversely. Why do they do this?????????:angry: Anyy other ideas, can't change computer, it's new, and er, bit expensive:unsure:

I've tried the 'remover', the tools>extensions (Ask doesn't even show up in that as well as my add/remove) and nothing's worked. I think it installed itself with Avast, perversely. Why do they do this?????????:angry: Anyy other ideas, can't change computer, it's new, and er, bit expensive:unsure:

Can you hear silent voices calling.... there are better places out here... on the other side of the fences where we are... there is no need for windows and gates.... :rolleyes: