Tired In Bangkok

desi

Desi, I've seen the Sharp plasmacluster in most of the big department stores that have a big hosehold appliances department such as Central, Metro etc.

I've had a unit similar to the Quattra Ionic Breezer but the problem was that i gave off a strong ozone smell. The Quattra is not very good according to test values where most other airfilters removes 2-3 times as many particles from the air.

desi,

i was thinking, along with the pollution etc, if u are asthmatic if uve been using ventolin or bricolin more than usual, these tire people out and make your heart work faster so maybe u have to switch to inhalation treatment to be more effective, or switch to something else ; or, if u've not been using them but your lung function is lower than usual...than u are lacking enough oxygen for more than basic daily activities

two of my three kids are suffering this past two weeks from same (south east asia haze must have hit the middle east cause we cant breathe here either)...

but a few syringes of blood to be checked couldnt hurt either since b12 etc causes chronic tiredness...

desi - You may wish to read the following comments concerning a recent tests of air filters by the non-profit organization Consumer Union and specifically comments concerning ionizing air cleaners, such as the Sharper Image Ionic Breeze line.

Do You Need an Air Filter?

Ionizing Air Cleaners May Pose Health Hazard

Ionizing air cleaners get zapped

Danger: Ionizing air purifiers impure

It is easy for all of us to guess at what may be causing your condition. Only a medical professional can rule out a medical conditions caused by diseases such as Leukemia or viral infections like Dengue or Yellow Fever.

If you'll forgive my being rude, stop wasting time. Go see your doctor NOW.

Please keep us advised as things progress.

good luck :o

Yes it does have a ozone smell for the first few weeks, after that it goes away. I think it does such a good job at even getting bacteria out of the air it has the ozone effect. Then when you take it to another room the ozone starts again but only for a few hours. It depends on how often you rotate. The new ones even have a UV light in them now to work on viruses. I was prompted to get one because clients that came to see me after having smoking cessation client would ask "Did you just have a smoker in here?" So after buying one, in about about 10 minutes my office was free of any type of odor. And to you smokers, yes you do smell that bad.

desi,

i was thinking, along with the pollution etc, if u are asthmatic if uve been using ventolin or bricolin more than usual, these tire people out and make your heart work faster so maybe u have to switch to inhalation treatment to be more effective, or switch to something else ; or, if u've not been using them but your lung function is lower than usual...than u are lacking enough oxygen for more than basic daily activities

two of my three kids are suffering this past two weeks from same (south east asia haze must have hit the middle east cause we cant breathe here either)...

but a few syringes of blood to be checked  couldnt hurt either since b12 etc causes chronic tiredness...

After the haze years back I became allergic to everything (cats, cigerettes, dust, etc), then it gradually went away. And that's what threw me. I've not had to use any vintolin since I've moved to Bangkok, and my chest is not tight like it is in a bit city like London. It was only after reading through all the suggestions I thought it may have some sort of connection.

I will certianly get some blood tests run, I'm just waiting for my medical card to arrive so I don't pay over what I owe.

In the meantime I've rinsed out the filters I have for the aiwa air cleaners I bought back in the haze and am running two in the room I work in (cannot find replacements so far). And I'll check out the department stores for the advised aircleaners.

Desi, I've seen the Sharp plasmacluster in most of the big department stores that have a big hosehold appliances department such as Central, Metro etc.

Thank-you. I'm up here by a Central so I'll take a look as soon as the day cools off.

desi

I'd see a good doctor, if I were you. It could be something simple, like anaemia, or something exotic like toxaplasmosis. A friend of mine became fatigued after moving to Bangkok and found he had toxaplasmosis. It's normally transmitted by contact with cat feces, but he had no idea how he got it. There are a lot of possibilities with fatigue.

Sounds logical, I would consult a doctor as the above are viable possibilties

01_03_Pharmanex_Nutraceutical_Product_Information3.pdfDear Desi,

I may be of some help. I am a medical rep. for a nutraceutical company called Pharmanex (www.pharmanex.com). You said you are taking a mulit-vitamin, but I doubt it is adequate or of a standard that is appropriate. I started taking our LifePak and CordyMax and my energy levels improved tremendously. I have attached a document that you will find very useful. If you need to meet me please call me at 01 6444662, and I would be glad to tell you what I know. I have attached the document with this email.

Yours in health,

Randall Scott

Background: Western women in 40's living in Tropical Asia for the past ten years. Moved to Bangkok late January and I've been tired ever since and can't seem to shake it.

I walk for an hour plus several times a week but end up doubly tired the following day, sometimes for two days. If I need to go into Bangkok for a half day of shopping I also get extremely tired which is extended to the following day.

I do not smoke. Do not eat loads of sugar. I take a multi vitamin (just added the b's and StressTabs). I drink as much water as I can as I notice it makes a difference. I do not drink coffee anymore, I've switched to green teas for the most part. I do not drink sugared sodas. I've cut back on alcohol but may need to cut it out totally (what a pain). As I do not have the energy, I am not a night person (do not go clubbing, etc). Not sure how much more I can lay low with without disappearing all together.

One thing I've read this morning googling is Mangosteen juice is supposed to help, but then again that could be a load of crock. Thai-Go, MangoXan, MangoZan ...

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what do you do?

desi