Looking For Heavy Wood Outdoor Setting

caster

Where Can i buy the Heavy out door wooden furniture like the have in Chang Mai, obviously without having to go there? any ideas, i'm after table and chairs, not light wood, willing to pay quite a bit for it.....Living in Udon thani.........Thanks in advance

I was in Udon Thani 4 years ago, and visited an American`s house in the village of `Balan` he had the most amazing table and chairs , made from tree roots , and So heavy , he bought them in Cambodia , I think that sort thing would be ideal for your purpose.

If you do not find what you like from the Gent at the village down the road, there is a place in Khon Kaen on Sri Chan Road just east of Kaen Nakorn Hotel (east of center of town) that makes that heavy wood furniture including thai-style gazebos.

I am currently in Mahasarakham.

I remember seeing some of this type of furniture for sale at a roadside :bus stop' i.e. one of those places on the highways selling fuel, food, coffee etc.

although I cannot remember where exactly.

I am pretty sure you could find some around Roi Et, Khon Kaen area but I'm not sure. I'll ask around.

I reckon there would probably be some closer to Udon as well.

I can't see it being too much of a problem finding some.

This might be a little off topic but here is a 'chair' a friend of mine bought cheaply as it wouldn't fit through the door of the house of the person for whom it was originally made.

Good luck in your search. They are about here somewhere.

post-110571-075313100 1283043287_thumb.j

On the main road from Udon to Nong Khai there are a bunch of places selling tiles and bricks etc. One place called phonetically "Raacha Din Pow" on the left has a house with a terracotta roof - they sell the heavy wood furniture I think you are talking about. Their phone number is 042 206151.

On the main road from Udon to Nong Khai there are a bunch of places selling tiles and bricks etc. One place called phonetically "Raacha Din Pow" on the left has a house with a terracotta roof - they sell the heavy wood furniture I think you are talking about. Their phone number is 042 206151.

Thanks everyone for your help

that tree root stuff is made over here by me, a village down the road.....lots of people buy to export......

Hi mate, where exactly are you?

I live in Romyen estate, but i'm moving to Kham kling on the khon kaen highway, near Nong ta lake

Why don't you look for a local craftsman who can make the furniture to your own specifications. They are often cheaper and give you much better quality than the stalls along the roads.

post-53941-085947000 1283136512_thumb.jp Here I can have a nice nap in the afternoon before that I move

post-53941-025483700 1283136476_thumb.jp to here to drink my evening beer. Alone or with some friends.

I paid about 12000 bath for all of it. :rolleyes:

I know it is a drive but persoanl I would go to Den Chai on Highway 11 and by direct and have them deliver. If you buy localy the chance is the item were made and transportaed from these factories and you will be paying 100% extra, I know this far a fact. The same items in Surin 5000Baht in Den Chai 12000 baht in Surin.

• Like 1