Tuk Tuk Fees

FarangCravings

Ok been to BKK many times before and normally get around by walking once Im settled on soi 4 however I have to visit soon and wont be able ot walk everywhere as I have a broken leg so will have to use the local Tuk Tuks if I want to get around and need to know what the right amount is for short hops for example

Soi 4 Nana to the Soi 5 by Gullievers or down to cowboy here in chiang mai that would be about 40-50 baht can you bankokonians advize what is a fair price for short trips such as that.

thanks

you plan on travelling only between places of naugtiness:lol: :blink::rolleyes:

45-50 sounds bot right to me.

No not at all Im thinking of food theres a chippy just by Soi Cowboy and on soi 5 there is a great food stand that I always like to buy from nothing to do with bars

HONEST :)

Oh yes theres another nice place I like to eat near Patpong so whats it cost to get donw there

Edited by FarangCravings
  • Like 2

No not at all Im thinking of food theres a chippy just by Soi Cowboy and on soi 5 there is a great food stand that I always like to buy from nothing to do with bars

Oh yes theres another nice place I like to eat near Patpong so whats it cost to get donw there

What do you eat at Patpong? :D:rolleyes:

What do you eat at Patpong? :D:rolleyes:

Same thing he gets at NEP and Cowboys.:D

One starts to wonder what advantage the tuk tuks have over the airconditioned metered taxi's.

Living in soi 4 I don't even bother anymore asking a tuk tuk and when they approach me I just ignore them.

Instead I take a metered taxi, usually it's only seconds waiting, or I take the building's complimentory transport service to the BTS

Tuk Tuk's are a shame in Bangkok, too. Don't even waste your time and asking them. Much easier to get a metered Taxi or Motorcycle Taxi (not sure about yuor leg though). Lazy Folks trying to rip anyone off.

Yeah I thought about the taxis and they are my first preference although its hard to get them to turn on the meter from soi 4 LOL one time I hailed 4 beofre one agreed to turn the meter on to the airport.

Normally I spend most my time in hilarys anyway Playing pool if I am there for one or 2 nights but this time I am there for 4 nights so thought I might try some other spots.

Tuk Tuk's are a shame in Bangkok, too. Don't even waste your time and asking them. Much easier to get a metered Taxi or Motorcycle Taxi (not sure about yuor leg though). Lazy Folks trying to rip anyone off.

Yeah I thought about the taxis and they are my first preference although its hard to get them to turn on the meter from soi 4 LOL one time I hailed 4 beofre one agreed to turn the meter on to the airport.

Normally I spend most my time in hilarys anyway Playing pool if I am there for one or 2 nights but this time I am there for 4 nights so thought I might try some other spots.

I have never been in a taxi in BBK that does not use their meter, You should have no problems getting one. (maybe a very short round the block trip may be different?)

From Soi 4 to Patpong should be no more than 60-80 Baht metered.

The taxis that hang around Cowboy and Nana will never put the meter on for a foreigner ... but if you walk just 50 yards up the road and get a taxi that's driving past they will always put the meter on. Not sure how you'll get on with your busted leg though. Tuk-Tuks in these areas normally start their bidding at 500 THB for what should be a 50 THB trip. Speaking in Thai can help get the price down .... my general Thai is poor, but my 'Taxi Thai' is perfect!

There's also some good places to eat in Soi 33:whistling:

Agree.

And then, in the middle of the traffic, the driver turns and show you this leaflet from one of the "massage parlours", showing pics of some sexy girls.

You say no.

A little later, just in case you have changed your mind, he does it again.

No again, then it is the diamond/gold shops he wants to show you.

• Like 1

The taxis that hang around Cowboy and Nana will never put the meter on for a foreigner ... but if you walk just 50 yards up the road and get a taxi that's driving past they will always put the meter on. Not sure how you'll get on with your busted leg though. Tuk-Tuks in these areas normally start their bidding at 500 THB for what should be a 50 THB trip. Speaking in Thai can help get the price down .... my general Thai is poor, but my 'Taxi Thai' is perfect!

There's also some good places to eat in Soi 33:whistling:

I've never had a problem getting a taxi to use the meter from Nana, probably less so at club kicking out time but until then.....

Roaming taxis are usually only too happy to turn on the meter if you're going a short distance because they are going in that direction anyway. Getting them to go out of their way to go to the airport with no guarantee of a return fare is another matter though.

The problem you will face from Soi 4 is that they can't turn right on Sukhumvit to get to Soi 5 or Cowboy. But you will have the same problem with a tuk tuk unless they are prepared to risk cutting across with the police watching.

40-50 is right if one will do it for you, in reality though you must pay 200-300....only yesterday, S0i 1-Soi 7 was 250, and I asked at least 6....so ended up walking

More fool you then...

Must have taken all of what, 2 minutes?

Probably had to wait longer at Nana junction for the lights to change.

More fool the rip off tuk tuk drivers.