Bring Family To Uk

got a thai gf and a 11month old daughter in bangkok, i'm back in england outta work and i'm racking me brains how i'm going to get them back here. dont want to waste what little money ive got, getting knocked back for a visa. i'm due to go back over in november and will apply for a passport for my daughter, [ another 400 quid ] or so i believe. but i'm told having a daughter who holds a brit passport, dosnt help the mother any. sounds ridiculous if true. obviously i'm hoping to find work soon, but dosnt look to promising at the moment, [ building trade ]. would appreciate any advice. thanks

speaking from personal experience, my mother was allowed to stay in the U.K for over a decade, based on the fact that she was mother to a British citizen. She could have stayed indefinitely this way, but she eventually applied for citizenship after about 20 years and was naturalised very quickly. So i think getting your daughter a british passport is a big step. Also, i believe there are EU and UN directives against the seperation of mother and child, but i'll leave it for the legal boffins to inform you.

speaking from personal experience, my mother was allowed to stay in the U.K for over a decade, based on the fact that she was mother to a British citizen. She could have stayed indefinitely this way, but she eventually applied for citizenship after about 20 years and was naturalised very quickly. So i think getting your daughter a british passport is a big step. Also, i believe there are EU and UN directives against the seperation of mother and child, but i'll leave it for the legal boffins to inform you.

that sounds promising, maybe a letter to a euro mp maybe the next step. thanks very much

I think you will be required to marry the mother of your child to move forward with her visa.

i hope not , i believe a dowry would be expected, and without sounding like a keeneeow, which i'm not, i havnt got it, unless there willing to accept an i o u . lol, she'll have to remain the old gf for the time being.