Down Payments On Condos

Just want to do some case studies on those of you guys who've purchased a condo in Bangkok. What percentage were you required to put down on the total cost of your Bangkok condo? The reason I ask is that they seem to fluctuate. In my case, the condo must be a two bedroom. What is a reasonable down payment on a middle-class condo (i.e.: Life@, Supalai, LPN)? Is it me, or do various developers have different requirements on money down? If you could help, say for instance the cost is one million ('cause thats a nice even estimate!) How much're you putting down?

Just gotta be careful not to short change myself as I just put a lot down on a car, so monthly payments are no problem, its the initial change down I wondered about, with some quoting me upwards of 10-20% down.

Thanks for your experiences and case studies!:jap:

The required down payments do fluctuate, dependent upon the developer and the economic situation. Using the size of the down payment as the only criteria for purchasing a condo is, in my opinion, shortsighted.

10% downpayment on signing SPA, then pay another 10% in equal instalments over 30 months.

Tthis case is for Sansiri developments if you sign shortly after project launch. If you sign many months after launch, then the number of monthly instalments may be fewer but the amount of instalment higher.

10% downpayment on signing SPA, then pay another 10% in equal instalments over 30 months.

Tthis case is for Sansiri developments if you sign shortly after project launch. If you sign many months after launch, then the number of monthly instalments may be fewer but the amount of instalment higher.

thats exactly what I wanted to know!!

I will prolly sign months after launch

The required down payments do fluctuate, dependent upon the developer and the economic situation. Using the size of the down payment as the only criteria for purchasing a condo is, in my opinion, shortsighted.

thats only a small part of my criteria in choosing a condo, but it is one factor I know less about, hence the reason I asked!;)

Has there been any experience by anyone to pay the installments into an escrow account at a bank (instead of directly into the developer bank account) to protect against the project not being finished?

just wondering as Im sure (for example only) that the buyers who duly paid their 30% installments at the Regent Residences (at Sukhumvit Soi 13) might have wished for escrow account payments (instead of direct payments to Grande Asset developer)