Can Anyone Recommend A Private Thai Teacher For One To One Lessons?

silvester2

I had several great teachers at Pro Language School in the Times Square building on Sukhumvit in BKK. There is a branch in Pattaya as well. They do groups and personal lessons either at their office or a place of your choosing. They were by no means the most expensive, actually, on the lower end of the price scale. But I sat in on several different classes at several different schools and like their system the best. I can't remember their names, but I like them all there.

I am betting that there will be another poster posting not too long away that will reccomend a TV member that has about 8 posts under there belt LOL come on guys people are too savvy to fall for the set up

If you want to advertise your services then become part of the community by posting withing the forum and you will become known and might get some business out of it however the way you are going about it will just come across as negative and spamming when in reality I have seen the sight and think you could do very well without having to resort to obvious spamming of a message board people are too savvy for it.

Continue with your membership activly post and I assure you no GUARANTEE you you will get business out of TV but if you go ahead this way you will be caught out and your attempts deleted.

Dont mention your business just put it in your profile and I assure you will get business or even better become a sponsor of TV and advertise.

Good Luck

Edited by FarangCravings
  • Like 1

Studying any languages is all about learning the right technique and get to use the language. Learning anything by yourself will take time and you can end up building bad habits. I would recommend you to start with the right teacher that can guide you and help you set up the right start and put you in a good habit of studying.Being discipline,having a confident to speak and motivation to keep you studying,surprisingly, the good teacher can provide you all that. A lot of language schools use the same old text book and probably a good looking teacher to read you a text in the package. You better to pay a good looking bar girls to talk to to practice your thai and read your own text book .. that would be more practical : )

Studying language is a skill. The more you use it, the more you get better at it. If you go into the class and the teacher start to mumble more than you get a chance to speak ... you know it is time to get out of the language class. It is different if we study about evolution, biology ..etc For Languages, you need to learn and get to speak. One hour class can just contain a one dam_n good grammar and 5 or 6 new vocabularies THAT you are going to get use in that day or two are all what you need. And after that is all about the teacher's abilities to get you to use and speak what you just learn correctly in a fun and interesting way.

Don't waste your valuable time... get it right from the beginning with the right teacher and you would not just stay here for years and never can get to speak the language : ) Thai is fun and easier than you imagine : )

• Like 1

Studying any languages is all about learning the right technique and get to use the language. Learning anything by yourself will take time and you can end up building bad habits. I would recommend you to start with the right teacher that can guide you and help you set up the right start and put you in a good habit of studying.Being discipline,having a confident to speak and motivation to keep you studying,surprisingly, the good teacher can provide you all that. A lot of language schools use the same old text book and probably a good looking teacher to read you a text in the package. You better to pay a good looking bar girls to talk to to practice your thai and read your own text book .. that would be more practical : )

Studying language is a skill. The more you use it, the more you get better at it. If you go into the class and the teacher start to mumble more than you get a chance to speak ... you know it is time to get out of the language class. It is different if we study about evolution, biology ..etc For Languages, you need to learn and get to speak. One hour class can just contain a one dam_n good grammar and 5 or 6 new vocabularies THAT you are going to get use in that day or two are all what you need. And after that is all about the teacher's abilities to get you to use and speak what you just learn correctly in a fun and interesting way.

Don't waste your valuable time... get it right from the beginning with the right teacher and you would not just stay here for years and never can get to speak the language : ) Thai is fun and easier than you imagine : )

Ahem ... sorry to interrupt your flow, but aren't you preaching to the converted? I think you must be a teacher yourself - good at talking but not so hot at listening. Ouch - sorry - I take that last one back:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ahem ... sorry to interrupt your flow, but aren't you preaching to the converted? I think you must be a teacher yourself - good at talking but not so hot at listening. Ouch - sorry - I take that last one back:rolleyes:

:-)

I highly recommend Piammitr Language School. http://www.piammitrschool.com/

I have been studying Thai there for the last 6 months and I am extremely satisfied with this school. The course is well organized and the teachers are all very friendly and experienced.

You spend the first 3 months learning basics such as pronunciation, basic vocabulary and sentence structures. At level 4 & 5 we were taught how to read and write and the system works really well. After completing level 5 I can read 95% of everything I encounter (its usually the stuff dealing with the King, Monks and Religion which gives me problems).

During my time there, I met a lot of people from different parts of the world and even some people from who have studied Thai at other schools and they all agreed that this school is better then their previous schools.

If you are interested, you can come in to observe free of charge for a week (thats what i did). They have group and private lessons in school, and can also arrange private lessons at your home if you like.

But, I agree with what other people have said, learning Thai takes time and you need to practice reading a lot and conversations with Thai people. I'm not at a fluent level yet but I can carry basic/intermediate conversations with Thai people and have no trouble asking for directions/shopping/going to restaurants, etc.. I have been told that I can read better than grade 4 Thai students which makes me feel quite satisfied. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Edited by ungcas

I think the O/P would do well to peruse the Thai Visa sub-forum entitled appropriately Thai Language, and read the pinned topic called Best Thai Language Schools

Note to Mods, perhaps this thread would garner a higher quality of response if it was moved to the Thai Language Forum, rather than the all b/s things about Bangkok one its in now. .. :o

Edited by tod-daniels

• 1 month later...