Legit Perfume For Good Prices?

Daren

Hey folks, the topic really says it all - there is a birthday coming up, and I want to get something nice without spending a fortune. The girl likes perfume, but it can be very expensive. I'm not so cheap as to buy the copy stuff, but I'm no fool either.

Are there currently any malls in C. Bangkok that are offering particularly good prices on good ol' eau d'toilet? She said she likes many different brands, such as Lancome and Clinique...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Well I am not an expert on this but if you go to MBK you can buy most of the well known brands on the the small stalls on the 2nd (or 3rd??) floor with about 10 or 20 pc discount. However if you go a few more floors up there is one stall I know that sells all the same well known brands at about 70 pc discount (600 baht instead of 2000 baht). This suggests to me that all/most of the perfumes in MBK are fakes. In the case of Christian Dior Fahrenheit the fakes are made in Singapore and are a very good copy (from what I gleaned on the web). However if you compare to the real thing there is a (slight) noticeable difference.

So if you buy anything cheap, chances are it is a fake. Saying that however, I did buy a bottle of Fahrenheit cheap in Chinatown (no box) and am pretty sure it's the real thing.

Buyer beware.

There is a large outlet called Jae Leng, on the right hand side of Vibhavadee - Rangsit road going out of Bangkok, before the old Don Muang Airport.

She buys Perfume, Handbags, Designer clothes etc. from Airline staff - they buy it overseas obviously, it's a thriving business.

No idea of pricing but cheaper than the Malls and you can be sure it's genuine.

Most Taxi Drivers will know how to get there.

Patrick

There is a large outlet called Jae Leng, on the right hand side of Vibhavadee - Rangsit road going out of Bangkok, before the old Don Muang Airport.

She buys Perfume, Handbags, Designer clothes etc. from Airline staff - they buy it overseas obviously, it's a thriving business.

No idea of pricing but cheaper than the Malls and you can be sure it's genuine.

Most Taxi Drivers will know how to get there.

Patrick

Was going to mention this place too, I know a couple of girls in the airline industry, and they always check the prices there first before buying anywhere else. As for pricing I think it is cheaper than the malls.

Good tips, thanks folks! I think I should try that shop.

I was sort of expecting someone to reply with info on a sale at a mall, but I guess could be cheaper and possibly better. I wonder how much one can really expect to save?

Thanks again!

Daren,

Don't even try to save money on perfume for your lady.

It's a beautiful luxury and the whole experience should feel that way.

(By the way, Paragon seems to always have a "discount", if you are browsing or you are purchasing and ask, they seem to always have 10 or 15 % off deal, and will give you free samples or a miniature or something. At least the few times I have browsed and/or purchased fragrance, that's how it went.)

Great avatar!