English Speaking Doctor?

sbaker8688

I need an english speaking doctor in Chiangmai. I am staying in the Night Bazaar, so I need someone in or around the Night Bazaar so I can walk. I would like to get one of those "swab tests" for strep throat, but I'm not sure if they even have those here in Thailand or not. Anyone know? Can anyone suggest a doctor?

Thanks

Take a metered taxi or tuk tuk, about fifty baht to Rama 1 hospital and let them take care of you. Self diagnosis is perilous and most residents here would not pick a tourist area to find good medical care.

My guess is that Rama 1 will charge less for your treatment than a private clinic sering the tourist trade.

I used a tourist trade area clinic who spoke English in Pattaya and they charged three times as much as Rama 1 would have.

I assume "PRO" means Chiang Mai Ram Hospital (there is no longer a 2 so I think its safe to drop the 1). This along with the hospital at CMU are the best but the Loi Kroh clinic is fine for what you need. Dr. Tawatchai is very good and I think it will actually be cheaper than Ram. And you can walk.

Went to Loi Kroh.  Was in and out in 30 minutes.  Very satisfied.

Thanks.

I would suggest that you go somewhere else next time. I went to Loi Kroh for a few years and finally gave up on Dr Tawatchai after he made several serious medical errors. Ram Hospital has some good docs and for anything really serious I would strongly recommend Bumrungrad Hospital in BKK.

I had a crush injury to my foot and Tawatchai (in spite of the obvious surface damage and my statements) diagnosed gout and ran a blood test. When his gout theory didn't work out, he refused to do an x-ray, insisting that my foot was fine. Another clinic did an x-ray and treated the three broken bones in my foot.

After having hypothyroidism for many years, I had all the symptoms that my dosage needed upping and Tawatchai refused to change it. Upon seeing the same blood test, the endocrinologist at Ram Hospital increased the dosage immediately.

An expat friend who was also going there was losing his toenails and Tawatchai recommended improved hygiene - another Dr properly treated his severe fungal infection. The same friend also gave up on Tawatchai when his requested blood test for cholesterol came back as a negative for HIV.

The list goes on but the point is beware of Loi Kroh Clinic and get a second opinion if you have ANY question about the quality of medical care you receive there! I don't know what Tawatchai reads in his off time (he works 7 days a week), but it isn't medical literature...

Edited by Dustoff

As I said, for what you needed ( a strep throat test) Loi Kroh is fine. If you happen to need a heart transplant I would definately not have sent you there. Yes, Bumrumgrad is the best in the country but if I was that seriously ill I would go home.

:o