Fray Bentos Steak & Kidney Pies

richardjm65

<snip>

Everyone knows Aussie pies are the best in the world!!..

And come supplied with a chip on each shoulder.

:cheesy::cheesy:

In fairness the Aussie Lady Pies are the dog's &lt;deleted&gt; - infact they probably ARE literally the dog's &lt;deleted&gt;. Notwithstang that, they have a good taste - bloody expensive though.

What the fc@! are VB's - are they like XXXX lager (no wonder they couldn't think of a real name for that sh!te! - I thought Foster cat's p!ss was bad enough) or is it a girlies drink ?

• 2 months later...

<snip>

Everyone knows Aussie pies are the best in the world!!..

And come supplied with a chip on each shoulder.

:cheesy::cheesy:

In fairness the Aussie Lady Pies are the dog's &lt;deleted&gt; - infact they probably ARE literally the dog's &lt;deleted&gt;. Notwithstang that, they have a good taste - bloody expensive though.

What the fc@! are VB's - are they like XXXX lager (no wonder they couldn't think of a real name for that sh!te! - I thought Foster cat's p!ss was bad enough) or is it a girlies drink ?

A VB's what you down after hard yakka.:drunk: (And before the next VB.)

A VB's what you down after hard yakka.:drunk: (And before the next VB.)

Before during and after an Ashes defeat (well you want to enjoy a few at Xmas doncha?B) )

:partytime2:

Not me. A nice Aussie white would go down a lot better. Perhaps a VB after mowing the lawn in 35 degree heat. (And Merry Xmas to you, too. jap.gif)

• 9 months later...

Importing Food stuffs to thailand without certificates etc. would be a customs nightmare. Dont think it will work to here.

NOT SO ! I order 10 at a time from Brit Corner shop...usualy arround 2.70 each but last order only 1.97. Shipping usualy abou 60 GBP....expensiveangry.gif Sent by Parcelforce. Have had no problems with customs duties. Have been ordering for a few years now.

I am sure I have seen them in Friendship Pattaya, on the end isle near the butchery, or it might have been Foodmart in Jomtien, but they are somewhere, because I remember smiling when I saw the for some reason. I will check it out and let you know

See my post no37

Edited by RabC

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw selection of Fray Bentos pies in the deli at the top of NernPlabWahn on the Darkside of Pattaya - sorry but didn't think to check the prices.

Looks from their website that they deliver all over Thailand but their online store looks like it is out of action at the moment.

Also managed to get Tetley teabags there. Some nice cheeses as well but wasn't overly impressed by the sausage roll I had as the pastry was far too sweet.

http://www.nanadeli.com/

Steak pie??? How can anyone actually like that commercial crap. Make your own easiest thing in the world.

Or if you are in BKK head to the Huntsman pup in the Landmark hotel --- great steak pies.

Haha I suspect most of the contributors to this thread think cooking is cheese on toast....even an omelette would be beyond their culinary expertise.

Thanks for the Landmark tip....a steak pie might be a tad heavy for me...I do like their french onion soup however......

Steak pie??? How can anyone actually like that commercial crap. Make your own easiest thing in the world.

Or if you are in BKK head to the Huntsman pup in the Landmark hotel --- great steak pies.

Haha I suspect most of the contributors to this thread think cooking is cheese on toast....even an omelette would be beyond their culinary expertise.

Thanks for the Landmark tip....a steak pie might be a tad heavy for me...I do like their french onion soup however......

I cook 90% of my food from scratch, but just once in a while I like childhood comfort food, I hope you don't fall of that pedestal you seem to have placed yourself on it looks like a long way down.

I cook 90% of my food from scratch, but just once in a while I like childhood comfort food, I hope you don't fall of that pedestal you seem to have placed yourself on it looks like a long way down.

I did say most...not all...just taking the piss mate...take it easy.....