Browser

Westerner

Hi

My internet explorer is out of date but I am unable to download IE8 - not sure why but maybe because I have copy windows. Many of my favourite websites are very very slow (especially Thai Visa) because of my old browser and today I downloaded Mozilla Firefox which speeded everything up and I thought my problem was solved. However, I download a lot of torrents and when I tried to download one today with Mozilla everything went haywire, so I've had to remove the Mozilla browser.

Can anybody recommend a browser which is compatible with downloading torrents.

Many thanks.

Westerner.

Even when you download torrents? When I tried to download a torrent, Mozilla opened up about 28 tabs and would have carried on had I not clicked off.

Your computer has some"disease". I doubt that any browser can fix the problems you have...

Take a backup of all your data immediately... before you do anything else and have it reinstalled properly....

Martin

Edited by siamect

Problem solved!!! :D

I now have two browsers - I use Mozilla Firefox for the internet (very fast), and I use Internet Explorer when I'm downloading torrents.

And how did you solve the problem? Can be good for others s to know....

Martin

But Opera is the only one with a built in Torrent Client. No need for external software. Click on Torrent File > Open > That's it.

Hi Jiu-Jitsu

Is Opera fast? I like Mozilla because of its speed but if Opera is as good then I'll give it a go.

W.

Doesn't cost you anything to try it. :) I also use the built in Mail client. You won't find quicker.

Problem solved!!! :D

I now have two browsers - I use Mozilla Firefox for the internet (very fast), and I use Internet Explorer when I'm downloading torrents.

And how did you solve the problem? Can be good for others s to know....

Martin

How? :D He just said it - he's using a different browser when he's downloading torrents!

It's not a solution to his basic problem, but a work around.

He needs to do a backup before whatever is making his computer go haywire really bites him.

BTW, I download torrents using Azureus (Vuze) peaking at 6-700 kB/s and use Firefox 3.5 at the same time and have done so for months/years without the problem Westerner is experiencing.

It could all be finger trouble of course...

How? :D He just said it - he's using a different browser when he's downloading torrents!

It's not a solution to his basic problem, but a work around.

He needs to do a backup before whatever is making his computer go haywire really bites him.

BTW, I download torrents using Azureus (Vuze) peaking at 6-700 kB/s and use Firefox 3.5 at the same time and have done so for months/years without the problem Westerner is experiencing.

It could all be finger trouble of course...

I would not sleep well...

Hi Guys

Thanks everybody for all your suggestions.

I have no problems whatsoever downloading torrents using Internet Explorer..... and Mozilla Firefox is so fast when I open any websites, so I have decided to leave well alone. (If it ain't broken, don't fix it:lol:).

If I have any problems in the future then I will come back to this thread and and try your suggestions.

Thanks again.

W.