Victory

Here's another story.

My friend was on six month overstay, I told him to pay 20.000 baht at the airport.

He went to immigrations in Samui instead they wanted 40.000. :ph34r:

He paid at the airport instead. :lol:

6 MONTHS. he does realise that he could go to prison. i know the max is 20 k but he is pushing it by over staying that long. infact 20 k is quite cheap for 6 months. i would have done 2 visa runs by then.

Anyway well done with immergration. it is stupid. You are either married or not. which means if your paper work is correct then u r entitled to the visa. The price is written on the wall. From now on i am going to keep all my receipts from the immergration. So should everyone else. then if there is a problem i can take that receipt to bangkok and file it with the embassy.

Just out of interest are the polices chaines getting bigger.

If i know police they love playing games. stay strong, u have my backing should it get heavy. Is this island really that bad that u might need a access to a lawyer just to extend your visa. If so i might become a lawyer to save money.

I can understand if u have done something wrong and you might want the police to help u and the police want some tip money on the side but if u have done nothing wrong then that is extorion. The propblem is with all corrupt police and crookes is that they always get greedy and noone is invinsable. remember the old number 1 in thailand Thaksin. Now where is he.It all catches up in the end.

:jap: why is the wai called a JAP ????

From now on i am going to keep all my receipts from the immergration. So should everyone else. then if there is a problem i can take that receipt to bangkok and file it with the embassy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big C: It is a good idea, but Samui IO has you once again, as they will never issue a receipt. Several of my friends demanded one and they simply told them to come back the next day at which point they said they didn't remember the person. This has been reported on several threads -- another reason it's such a huge criminal operation.

From now on i am going to keep all my receipts from the immergration. So should everyone else. then if there is a problem i can take that receipt to bangkok and file it with the embassy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big C: It is a good idea, but Samui IO has you once again, as they will never issue a receipt. Several of my friends demanded one and they simply told them to come back the next day at which point they said they didn't remember the person. This has been reported on several threads -- another reason it's such a huge criminal operation.

maybe everyone should film on their phones so there any many angles. better to be suttle or they might ban phones.

If u cannot get a receipt from the police then i am worried about doing my auditors. if i put down money for a visa exepense and the auditors want a receipt. then they can go and find it. as it is obvious i have got the service as there is a stamo in my passport.

If The D.S.I wanted to they could just to a cash in. Walk in check all the books and look for all the receipts and missing receipts. They could also contact all the people that they have given out visa to and ask them how much they paid. these people will mount up as whitness.

then that is allot of work.

We really do have a victory to celebrate now! Anyone going to Samui Imm Office (SIO) will now see a 1x2m sign adjacent to the seating area with all fees posted in Eng/Thai and the top line in big letters "Extension of Stay - 1,900B." I was there this morning and the staff were all smiling and kind to everyone. I didn't see Khun Nut, though, perhaps he is trying to cancel the construction of his villa in Monaco.

All of you who contacted embassies, sent emails, and called Bangkok Immigration should be proud of your efforts. You saw a gross injustice and tried to right it. It just goes to show you that we, the financial backbone of this country, have a voice and don't have to always wai and bend over whenever some corrupt individual is attempting to extort money from us.

I suddenly feel a lot better about Thailand.

Marriage extension have a one month "under consideration".

Must go back next month. :angry:

Ok, so there is still a possibility that (for their "consideration" approval) they will ask for more cash in a months time when you return?

We await the outcome. Good luck.

Got my Final stamp today.

In and out in 15 min. :lol:

we should make a victory momument in your honer with a cow might have to change the name a bit to Not a Poor Sucker anymore. The law tried to funk me and porr sucker 1 "

Marriage extension have a one month "under consideration".

Must go back next month. :angry:

Ok, so there is still a possibility that (for their "consideration" approval) they will ask for more cash in a months time when you return?

We await the outcome. Good luck.

Got my Final stamp today.

In and out in 15 min. :lol:

we should make a victory momument in your honer with a cow might have to change the name a bit to Not a Poor Sucker anymore. The law tried to funk me and porr sucker 1 "

or a victory momument for all poor suckers. Victory for Poor Suckers :D

• 7 months later...

I'm just back from Samui Immigratation, got my 90 days extension for 1920 THB. No idea why 20 THB more than stated in the price list, but that's OK because I didn't have to queue up.

Photocopies

if i'm not mistaken, that 20thb is a tip for the girl at the desk, similar to the 10thb "overtime" fee often times asked at the border.

Hi all - I've been reading this with interest as it's suddenly my turn in the queue.

I've been employed here for 6 years by the same company (who also provide my WP) but have never tried to get an extension to my Non IM B because of all the hassles at Samui Immigration. I reckoned it was cheaper and more straightforward to go to Penang every 15 months. But now things seem to have changed and I'm thus a newbie to the process of extending my visa.

Some advice please . . .

My 12 month visa expires on 14th July. My WP sometime in November. What's the situation/process in getting an extension of stay on my visa at SIO? Is there enough time to do this or will it be Penang again?

If anyone can put me straight here I'd be grateful!

Cheers

Rob

Hi all - I've been reading this with interest as it's suddenly my turn in the queue.

I've been employed here for 6 years by the same company (who also provide my WP) but have never tried to get an extension to my Non IM B because of all the hassles at Samui Immigration. I reckoned it was cheaper and more straightforward to go to Penang every 15 months. But now things seem to have changed and I'm thus a newbie to the process of extending my visa.

Some advice please . . .

My 12 month visa expires on 14th July. My WP sometime in November. What's the situation/process in getting an extension of stay on my visa at SIO? Is there enough time to do this or will it be Penang again?

If anyone can put me straight here I'd be grateful!

Cheers

Rob

Yes, you have time.

Within the last 30 days.

Ask your lawyer for supporting documents.

Found it for you Rob.

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Found it for you Rob.

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Thanks - you beat me to it - I'd just dug it out when you pipped me at the post.

It'll take my employer a few days to get the papers all together so if I get this to Lipa Noi, say, on Thursday, that'll leave 22 days before my visa expires.

How long should it take to get the extension and what's the procedure if they haven't got it done by then? Would I be need to somehow extend my visa for a few weeks or so? (Tho I think probably not.)

There is another four months until my WP runs out so will they give me a 4-month visa extension to match or a whole 12 months? If it's four months to match the WP then presumably I'll need to do the whole thing again in four months time?

No probs - it's far better than the time and costs involved of having to get a renewed 12-month WP now and then going down to Penang . . .

Thanks in advance,

Rob

You will get 30 days "under consideration" stamp on the same day.

The paper work must be sent to BKK.

30 days later they stamp you for another 11 months.

I have never done the extension based on employment, so I don't know how the validity of WP affects the process.

Edited by PoorSucker