Victory

Went today to get my extension of stay based on marriage.

When the price came up (5000 baht) I insisted on 1900 baht.

He: 5000 baht.

Me: 1900 baht.

He: 5000 baht.

Me: mai dai, it says 1900 baht on form T.M.7

Now he noticed that I had been recording the conversation on my cell phone.

He: OK, You want to play the game.

He then started to try to find something wrong in my papers.

Eventually he remarked that the Kor Ror 2 was dated two years ago (when we got married).

No problem, 15 min back and forth to the Amphur and 20 baht later I had a Kor Ror 2 dated today.

I came 15.00 and received my 100 baht in change (from 2000 baht) 17.00 from a not so happy camper.

PS.

They also have implemented the marriage photo and map requirement at Samui immigrations.

DS.

• Like 1

i know more than one american that live here using only the income verification statement from the embassy, no bank books. anyone that is paying 1k USD for their extension is doing the rest of us a major disservice.

Correct.

Seconded!

Presumably this was just the application for the extension as my experience in the past has been that you then have to wait 30 days for the 12 month visa to be approved and put in your Passport. Did you actually get the 12 month extension there and then or have you to go back?

Presumably this was just the application for the extension as my experience in the past has been that you then have to wait 30 days for the 12 month visa to be approved and put in your Passport. Did you actually get the 12 month extension there and then or have you to go back?

As I have only just renewed my 1 year visa there was a 1 month wait in consideration for that visa which is normally 1900 Baht. For that consideration to be approved (and all the paperwork was in order) I needed to pay Samui Imigration 7000 Baht, 5100 Tea money. :angry:

As I believe the case is different with a marriage visa and there is no 1 month consideration period?

Come back PS and confirm that please.

Samui Immigration has been discussed on several threads -- just search "Samui Immigration" or "Nightmare with Samui Immigration." These people are criminals, scoundrels, scum, whatever negative label you want to put on them. All the embassies know about them and articles have been written about them. They must have someone very high up protecting them or they would not be operating with impunity.

The one-year extension is 1,900THB as indicated on the TM7. I know several people paying 30K and standard is 5-7K. If you put the 1900 on top of the form in an envelope they will probably make you wait a little longer and probably will insist that you pay more, but if you stand your ground and smile, you might get by with it. If they ask for more, just say that you don't want reentry permits. I did exactly that last month and got my extension.

While I was waiting I heard Mr Nut (manager there) threatening a farang that he would deport him if he didn't give him 30K. So, it's really a personal decision, but just keep in mind that they are mostly bark and no bite. It doesn't cost them anything to bark, and it makes them an absolute fortune!

Edited by parallaxtech
  • Like 1

As I have only just renewed my 1 year visa there was a 1 month wait in consideration for that visa which is normally 1900 Baht. For that consideration to be approved (and all the paperwork was in order) I needed to pay Samui Imigration 7000 Baht, 5100 Tea money. :angry:

As I believe the case is different with a marriage visa and there is no 1 month consideration period?

As i am aware they just give you a "free" one month renewal will your new one year is being renewed. Unbelievable. :(

As i am aware they just give you a "free" one month renewal will your new one year is being renewed. Unbelievable. :(

Marriage extensions also get a one month under consideration, it is not a "free" extra month, the expiry date is one year from the previous visa, not from the approval.

Marriage extensions also get a one month under consideration, it is not a "free" extra month, the expiry date is one year from the previous visa, not from the approval.

What i meant was you don't have to pay extra for a separate one month visa, not that the OP is concerned with this aspect.

Marriage extension have a one month "under consideration".

Must go back next month. :angry:

Ok, so there is still a possibility that (for their "consideration" approval) they will ask for more cash in a months time when you return?

We await the outcome. Good luck.

Here's another story.

My friend was on six month overstay, I told him to pay 20.000 baht at the airport.

He went to immigrations in Samui instead they wanted 40.000. :ph34r:

He paid at the airport instead. :lol:

This is the other side of the scam. When the immigration officers can see that it is so much easy to get money from the "wrong-doing" guys - and overstay is criminal everywhere in the world - why they should not try to establish a higher fee for the regular guys? I myself paid 5,000 THB on the first yearly extension also, because nobody there would inform me about the real fees. Now last three times I paid 1,900 THB, they made me come and back several times but I dont care because I live in Nathon. All in all it is the normal TiT - low income (the most active man there is not even on the payroll) and the common sense that corruption is nothing to blame.

BTW even for the 1,900 THB nobody would hand me out a payment receipt...

Edited by ClaudeFeller
  • Like 2

This post is not about immigration but is related to rip off's.

I was unfortunate to cop for a dose of red eye just recently, unfortunately wifey started to get it in one eye also,

so off we go to hospital ,,a very nice looking one on the ring road in Chaweng, the wife and myself both book in together, wait in recepion together and actually went in to see the optician together,

"ohhhhh very bad" he says looking in my eyes ,"you have infection" well done sherlock thats why I'm here, next he looks in wifeys eyes "aahhhh not to bad but small infection in 1 eye"

with that he gave us a prescription and off we go to the cashire and pharmacy department, as we where walking I was actually thinking ,if only england was so prompt and easy.

as I looked into the cashires office i see 1 invoice for me 3650baht 1 for wifey 1400 baht, so I asked the cashire why mine was more expensive than wifey's

the aswer was becaus I need 2 different eye drops and wifey only 1, I asked how much we had been charged by the doctor "ohhhh you pay 2000 baht and wifey 1200 baht,

so obviously I ask why mine is more expensive, wait for this " oohhhh doctor can charge what he think" cutting this bit short I explained in a very load voice (sorry I know it aint polite)

that there was no way I was paying more than bupa would have charged me in the UK, let alone more than my Mrs "get the manager I aint payin it"

low n behold a phone call to her boss and 2 minutes later 1200 baht came off my bill.

still expensive but better

This post is not about immigration but is related to rip off's.

I was unfortunate to cop for a dose of red eye just recently, unfortunately wifey started to get it in one eye also,

so off we go to hospital ,,a very nice looking one on the ring road in Chaweng, the wife and myself both book in together, wait in recepion together and actually went in to see the optician together,

"ohhhhh very bad" he says looking in my eyes ,"you have infection" well done sherlock thats why I'm here, next he looks in wifeys eyes "aahhhh not to bad but small infection in 1 eye"

with that he gave us a prescription and off we go to the cashire and pharmacy department, as we where walking I was actually thinking ,if only england was so prompt and easy.

as I looked into the cashires office i see 1 invoice for me 3650baht 1 for wifey 1400 baht, so I asked the cashire why mine was more expensive than wifey's

the aswer was becaus I need 2 different eye drops and wifey only 1, I asked how much we had been charged by the doctor "ohhhh you pay 2000 baht and wifey 1200 baht,

so obviously I ask why mine is more expensive, wait for this " oohhhh doctor can charge what he think" cutting this bit short I explained in a very load voice (sorry I know it aint polite)

that there was no way I was paying more than bupa would have charged me in the UK, let alone more than my Mrs "get the manager I aint payin it"

low n behold a phone call to her boss and 2 minutes later 1200 baht came off my bill.

still expensive but better

Bravo, starcandle. If more people did this, the better!!!!!!!

Here's another story.

My friend was on six month overstay, I told him to pay 20.000 baht at the airport.

Just need to be a bit careful on the overstay thing. As I understand it.......

If you go to them and pay - no problem. Max 20k baht

If they come to you and catch you (on the street outside immigration, on the ramp to the ferry, or anywhere in the airport BEFORE immigration) then it is jail, a big fine and deportation.

A bit of a difference? I am sure that you guys will tell me if I am wrong B)

(edited for spelling 'cos I've had a beer.)

Edited by Tropicalevo

Here's another story.

Just need to be a bit careful on the overstay thing. As I understand it.......

If you go to them and pay - no problem. Max 20k baht

If they come to you and catch you (on the street outside immigration, on the ramp to the ferry, or anywhere in the airport BEFORE immigration) then it is jail, a big fine and deportation.

A bit of a difference? I am sure that you guys will tell me if I am wrong B)

(edited for spelling 'cos I've had a beer.)

That's exactly how I understand it as well.

• 1 month later...

Marriage extension have a one month "under consideration".

Must go back next month. :angry:

Ok, so there is still a possibility that (for their "consideration" approval) they will ask for more cash in a months time when you return?

We await the outcome. Good luck.

Got my Final stamp today.

In and out in 15 min. :lol:

I am going to SIO next week and will post a copy on the bulletin board there. I hope a few will do the same as I'm sure it will be ripped off immediately. I have questioned a few people who have recently gone in for their extension and when they asked how much for it, the response was "the same as you paid last year." So, someone has said something to them or they are worried about being recorded. Anyway, keep the pressure on these criminals so we will all eventually be treated fairly.