Social Group

petercallen

Our next get together is on Sunday 12/09/2010

Meeting at 1.30pm eating at 2.00pm

Venue is Irish Times, Jungceylon.

The Sunday roast is 395 baht, Thai food is available.

One of our founding members is a Chef and says the food is excellent.

Plenty of parking in Jungceylons basement. first 3 hours free for a car if you spend 100 baht in Carrefour

Or have a receipt from any business in the complex, i think motorbikes are free.

Everyone are welcome to join us, come along and meet nice people and make new friends.

Hope to see you there.

Have a nice day, Peter and the founding members

as i'm new on this forum may i ask how often you all get together!..and how many times in the past has this social event been held!! also do you change the venue's and can you bring your partners along. is it a mixed group of farang and thai or just ex pats!....thanks for the reply in advance:)

Sounds good! I've heard from a few people that the Irish Times has a very nice spread of foods on Sunday. Beef, lamb, ham, yorkshire pudding as well as Thai food. A good friend that's not on this forum told me about it a few weeks back about it. I ran into him again last night and he bought me a drink and we talked about it again. Although I'm not big on Patong, I'll have to check it out. See you there!

as i'm new on this forum may i ask how often you all get together!..and how many times in the past has this social event been held!! also do you change the venue's and can you bring your partners along. is it a mixed group of farang and thai or just ex pats!....thanks for the reply in advance:)

It is a new group, Sunday 12/09/2010 is our second get together

Couples are very welcome, we do bring our partners with us.

The venue for the next get together is chosen by the people who attend

Come and join us and bring your partner i am sure you will enjoy yourself.

Everyone are welcome not just expats, including unattached people.

We intend to have get togethers every 2 weeks

Will echo Irish times does a good food spread and Guinness should be back on tap..

So, you've eaten there before then and it was good? I haven't tried it and not sure where in that building maze it is located. What other beers do they have on Tap. Guinness sounds good if they had Harp or something good to make a Black and Tan.

Will echo Irish times does a good food spread and Guinness should be back on tap..

So, you've eaten there before then and it was good? I haven't tried it and not sure where in that building maze it is located. What other beers do they have on Tap. Guinness sounds good if they had Harp or something good to make a Black and Tan.

If you are in the outside circle facing the big water feature, turn left & head up the outside arcade towards Nanai. It is on the right side. There are lots of eateries lining this arcade.

Edited by Valentine

If you are in the outside circle facing the big water feature, turn left & head up the outside arcade towards Nanai. It is on the right side. There are lots of eateries lining this arcade.

Thanks for the directions Valentine, I think I know where you mean. Since I never got a reply from LivinLOS, have you eaten there? Do you know what beers are available on tap?

Thanks, Jimi

Thanks for the directions Valentine, I think I know where you mean. Since I never got a reply from LivinLOS, have you eaten there? Do you know what beers are available on tap?

Thanks, Jimi

Jimi, have a look here:

http://www.irishtimespub-phuket.com/restaurant/index.php?food_menu=Drinks

Gerd

Thanks, Jimi

I only know the place from my wanderings around Jungceylon so don't know if the food is good, bad or indifferent.

Only eaten there a couple of times Jungceylon not really a place I head to with food in mind, or if I do wine connection will get me.

But the food was fairly solid usual pub grub fare.. Not noticeably pricey..

Should have guiness back on tap too...

Sunday roast is good. 4 types of meat, great selection of sauces / gravies, tatty, Yorkshire pudding, etc... Get tucked in early, as last week the staff were clearing up at 4PM. Usually goes much later.

Air - Con is now fixed.

Beer as per menu previously posted. Out of Blackthorn if you are a cider person. Guinness now back on offer (Dublin), but price has been put up from previous Malaysian version. New Irish stout (not sure of name) coming in several months time. Well known name in Ireland and price should come down. But for now, very dear. If you don't mind Chiang draft, 99 baht a pint all day.

Just to confirm, its not an entirely farang social event?

If not, obviously the thai wives/g/f/s will end up in one corner whilst their farang partners will end up in the opposite corner.....

If its an entirely farang social group, I'd be interested to hear.

If not, obviously the thai wives/g/f/s will end up in one corner whilst their farang partners will end up in the opposite corner.....

I know at least one of the original attendees has a Thai wife so perhaps it is not your thing. However, maybe you should attend as your assumption could be entirely wrong & you will find that Thai people, even the female variety, have good hearts & feelings along with interesting tales of their backgrounds. To view Thai life through the eyes of someone who grew up here is an uplifting experience & certainly helps to understand the culture better. Mixing only with farangs on a social level will never do that. Thais love to socialize as much as anyone & can become quite shy when placed in a mixed situation but when they loosen up there is a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Everyone's welcome as stated in the opening post, couples or singles of all nationalities.

If you enjoy mixed company i am sure you will enjoy yourself.

If you only like farang company it will not suite you.

That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense!

If it's a Farang only get together you'd be up for it, but you say it's obvious, that if the Thai wives did come, they would all be in an opposite corner anyway. So that means you can go right?

It sounds to me as if you have never known any normal, decent Thai/Farang couples before?

Perhaps you should give it a go, you may be pleasantly surprised.

You guys must have been fast.. I was by chance in there on Sunday, maybe 3ish till 5 or so..

Didnt see any large groupings.

Well, Ron the owner wasn't there, so no one that worked there seemed to know that there was a meeting. I got there a bit late, but I recognize Peter, so I found him. Gerd had a business trip. Another couple came as well and found Peter, but since there was no sign and the staff was clueless, I'm sure a few people came and left. Oh well, such is life... Sorry we missed you and others.

The owner's son called me 1 hour before and I explained him again about the "meeting", at this time I was still in Bangkok.

Sorry what happened :huh:

Gerd

No one blames you Gerd, It was not your fault..

The owners son did not really know what it was about and the staff did not have a clue

There where people who probably turned up and left again because the staff could not tell them where we were seated.

Richard we met you and your lovely wife on Sunday, You took my phone number but i did not take yours because i thought i had it.

I was wrong, will you phone or PM me please.

Cheers , Peter