Ho Chi Mihn

Hello Thai Visa community, I would like to know if anybody had experience getting Tourist Visa from Thai EMbassy Ho Chi Mihn City, any advise (costs involved)in transportation services from airport to Hotel/Guest house (recommedntaions and costs). And the best way to go around town, I am totally clueless about Ho CHi Mihn, Thanks in Advance. :jap:

I went in May to get a tourist visa and it very simple and straight forward.

Stayed at the "Pham Ngu Lao" area which has a lot of cafes and guesthouses. We stayed at the Ruby 3 Hotel which was about 30 dollars a night but there are heaps of others in the area. Ruby 3 seemed very new, clean and it had a bath which I liked. Taxi from the Hotel to the embassy was about 5 U.S. One of the guys at hotel reception wrote the address for me in Vietnamese to show the taxi driver.

On the way back just say to the taxi driver "Pham Ngu Lao" or show him the card of your hotel.

Trying to rip you off seemed normal hear the moment I got of the plane so be aware. Taxis from the airport to the hotel, they wanted 500,000 VND. I bartered them down to 300,000 VND and we had to share a cab with another person and drop them off first. On the return to the airport our meter taxi cost 100,000 VND.

One time a taxi driver said I gave him 10,000 VND when I'd actually given him 50,000 VND. After a small stand off he grinned and gave me the correct change.

All in all the scams are for small amounts, may be a dollar here or there so it's not a major deal at all. Just have fun and laugh and it'll work out.

Walking around Pham Ngu Lao is fairly easy, but getting around HCMC the best way is taxi.

Getting a tourist Visa done in HCMC is very simple we were literally the only people there so it was fast and easy, same went for picking up the next day.

Oh yeah and crossing the roads in an adventure, just make sure to keep walking as motorbikes will flow around you. Have fun!

Edited by tfc

I went in May to get a tourist visa and it very simple and straight forward.

Stayed at the "Pham Ngu Lao" area which has a lot of cafes and guesthouses. We stayed at the Ruby 3 Hotel which was about 30 dollars a night but there are heaps of others in the area. Ruby 3 seemed very new, clean and it had a bath which I liked. Taxi from the Hotel to the embassy was about 5 U.S. One of the guys at hotel reception wrote the address for me in Vietnamese to show the taxi driver.

On the way back just say to the taxi driver "Pham Ngu Lao" or show him the card of your hotel.

Trying to rip you off seemed normal hear the moment I got of the plane so be aware. Taxis from the airport to the hotel, they wanted 500,000 VND. I bartered them down to 300,000 VND and we had to share a cab with another person and drop them off first. On the return to the airport our meter taxi cost 100,000 VND.

One time a taxi driver said I gave him 10,000 VND when I'd actually given him 50,000 VND. After a small stand off he grinned and gave me the correct change.

All in all the scams are for small amounts, may be a dollar here or there so it's not a major deal at all. Just have fun and laugh and it'll work out.

Walking around Pham Ngu Lao is fairly easy, but getting around HCMC the best way is taxi.

Getting a tourist Visa done in HCMC is very simple we were literally the only people there so it was fast and easy, same went for picking up the next day.

Oh yeah and crossing the roads in an adventure, just make sure to keep walking as motorbikes will flow around you. Have fun!

Thanks so much Tfc,,

One more questions,, Can we get re-entry Visa at SUwanabumi Airport already??

• 1 month later...