Where To Buy Laptop In Phuket?

mja1906

Need to buy a laptop in Phuket - went to central festival but they didn't have much of a range there

somebody recommended BigC have computers

anywhere else? I'm kinda surprised as I thought Phuket would have some sort of Pantip Plaza/big computer place

cheers

Banan it, Homepro Chalong

Laptop dealer close to Toyota and next to Proton dealer in town

Big C basement

HP/Compaq shop in town

If you just need the hardwear, choose any one. If you want it loaded with free copy software, Big C. Just got aCompaq there at 14.600 baht with all my desired software installed

7 years ago it was hard to find a laptop to buy in Phuket at all, but still some way to Pantip Plaza:)

Big C basement

HP/Compaq shop in town

If you just need the hardwear, choose any one. If you want it loaded with free copy software, Big C. Just got aCompaq there at 14.600 baht with all my desired software installed

7 years ago it was hard to find a laptop to buy in Phuket at all, but still some way to Pantip Plaza:)

KBB that's a great price, is that an Intel processor or AMD?

I know you say on Phuket.. But these days I mail order all that from bangkok.

Sure maybe I will browse a bit to get a feel for model sizes, keyboards, build quality.. Combine that with online reviews. But once I know roughly what I want the bangkok mail order companies have better prices, and more importantly far greater stock, so you can spec out the precise model that has more memory, HD, battery or whatever is important v the Phuket shops that basically have whatever model they have, usually a few months behind bangkok in stock and price. Same warranty applies, sometimes freebies etc (I got a free USB DVD out of shop4Thai).

Pay bank to bank and its here by ems a day or two later, without leaving the house or having to deal with staff that dont know what they are selling. Shop4Thai, Thanni, Etc all reliable and fast.

I know you say on Phuket.. But these days I mail order all that from bangkok.

Sure maybe I will browse a bit to get a feel for model sizes, keyboards, build quality.. Combine that with online reviews. But once I know roughly what I want the bangkok mail order companies have better prices, and more importantly far greater stock, so you can spec out the precise model that has more memory, HD, battery or whatever is important v the Phuket shops that basically have whatever model they have, usually a few months behind bangkok in stock and price. Same warranty applies, sometimes freebies etc (I got a free USB DVD out of shop4Thai).

Pay bank to bank and its here by ems a day or two later, without leaving the house or having to deal with staff that dont know what they are selling. Shop4Thai, Thanni, Etc all reliable and fast.

Agree. My mate got so cheesed off with the service, products and staff knowledge down here, that he contacted a seller in BKK. He's absolutely delighted with everything, and got a free Thai keyboard with his order. He spent 90K baht, so to spend that amount and be completely happy is a good sign.

Big C basement

HP/Compaq shop in town

KBB that's a great price, is that an Intel processor or AMD?

dont know, fast, 1 G DDR3 and 250G hardrive is all I recall, shipped to my homecountry already to someone wanting thai keyboard and software on her computer:)

J.I.B. in Phuket Town seems to have a fairly good range when I briefly checked the place a couple of weeks ago. They have a printed list of products on offer which apparently are the same prices as their 3 shops in Panthip Plaza. It is on the same road as the bus station but on the opposite side.

I'd go for the mac shop in jungceylon or big c :whistling:

I'll tell you one big problem with buying a laptop at Big C. Firstly you don't get Windows or an operating platform included. Secondly you only get 1 gig of RAM as well on he cheapest models. What they do is then send you down to the basement to the shop next door to the bookshop where they install Windows and any other program you request. For a Thai it is 900 baht and a farang whatever they sucker you into paying.

I'd probably go straight to that shop as they have laptops as well. Big C is cheaper but by the time you have upgraded the RAM and got your pirated software installed it is another 3000 baht.

There was a HP model for 17,500 with 3 gig of RAM and genuine intel chip so that was the best value. You can get a knock off windows disc and programs in Patong for 150 baht a disc so that's the cheapest way.

Ultimately it depends on what you are going to use it for.

I'll tell you one big problem with buying a laptop at Big C. Firstly you don't get Windows or an operating platform included. Secondly you only get 1 gig of RAM as well on he cheapest models. What they do is then send you down to the basement to the shop next door to the bookshop where they install Windows and any other program you request. For a Thai it is 900 baht and a farang whatever they sucker you into paying.

I'd probably go straight to that shop as they have laptops as well. Big C is cheaper but by the time you have upgraded the RAM and got your pirated software installed it is another 3000 baht.

There was a HP model for 17,500 with 3 gig of RAM and genuine intel chip so that was the best value. You can get a knock off windows disc and programs in Patong for 150 baht a disc so that's the cheapest way.

as said, basement in bigC next to bookshop, Compaq 14.600 included set up and all desired software installed

Hi when did you see that HP:? That is really good value for money , I went last night - didn't see anything for 3GB they really do skimp on that

but guess is simple/easy enough to install more at a shop and pay about 1-2,000bt for an extra GB?

problem is if you open a HP machine you void the warranty. For me I was willing to risk it and has worked out fine.

edit. Ram can buy 2gig ddr2 for around 1400, not sure about faster ram.

Edited by BillR