If Your'E Going To Do It, Just Do It.

Will1

Their just so happen,s to be grass all around my house, well with all the rain the grass is growing 2inchs a day.

One man every day cutting grass, with a lawnmower attached to two bicycle wheels.

The machine attached to the bicycle wheels sounds like a tuk tuk , with foot to floor.

Sure I could do quicker and better with a fly-mow.

Op you mean something like this beats a flymo any day will cut grass thats 2 ft high no problem 8000bht

i cut 10 rai with this takes about 4-5 days i cut it every 2 months so gets pretty long....:D

Yeah, something like that. But yours looks like the newer model.

I do miss my flymo. It used to take longer to start than to mow the lawn, and I ended up with one arm like popeye from the pull-start - I suppose I should have used my left arm for starting the flymo, to even them up...I digress...

Anyway, it would cut through anything, so long as you could get the flymo on top of it...

So I always associate the smell of two-stroke engines with summer evenings and new-mown grass...

SC

someone seems to have stolen the wheels off your trolley .....

since you stole that trolley from tesco

it seems what goes round comes round..........;)

All the tesco trolleys in Liverpool are like that...

SC

My apologies: For humourous effect only, and Liverpool may well be no worse for getting your wheels nicked than anywhere else anywhere in the world.

Gardening is my favorite thing to avoid doing so I wasn't familiar with terminology like 'flymo' and had to look it up. I like gadgets and machines, but, in this case, while I think it would be cool to own all that Flymo stuff, I don't know about actually using it. I'd rather just watch someone else use it.

From my blog post several years ago:

After months of successfully avoiding any kind of gardening, I was finally roped in.

Mrs T had tried nagging, threatening (both easy to ignore in a seasoned marriage) and cajoling (which was fun while it lasted). But then, an unexpected and exasperated statement came out at me from left field:

"BE A MAN!" she said.

Strangely, that had the desired effect. hel_l, I could be a man; I could garden. So I set out to prove it.

I began by taking a nap. It's the middle of the afternoon, f'crissake and only a fool would go out in such heat.

I awoke, some hours later, refreshed and ready to make myself a snack.

"Be a Man!" said a voice inside me, a voice I'd learned to ignore. Except this voice was really coming from the garden.

Dammit, it was the wife.

My procrastinator engine was cranking up and words were about to spew forth, but one look at the expression on her face threw a spanner in the works.

I shuffled out slowly to the garden, just to show her I'm not the kind to jump when she snaps her fingers, but not so slow as to make the volcano building on her reddened face erupt. Don't try this with your wife till you've had years of husbanding experience, 'cause it's a delicate balance.

I mowed, I dug, I snipped and cut. Whatever being a man felt like, this couldn't be it.

"There, that wasn't so hard," said Mrs T as she approvingly surveyed the results. Laying exhausted and sweaty on the ground with angry garden insects crawling all over me, all I could say was: "beer!"

She brought me a long, cold brew and treated me like royalty for the next half hour. All in all, this was the only part of gardening I liked.

So you guys out there, if you wanna be men, go putter with some plants.

• Like 1

Gardening is my favorite thing to avoid doing so I wasn't familiar with terminology like 'flymo' and had to look it up. I like gadgets and machines, but, in this case, while I think it would be cool to own all that Flymo stuff, I don't know about actually using it. I'd rather just watch someone else use it.

After months of successfully avoiding any kind of gardening, I was finally roped in.

Mrs T had tried nagging, threatening (both easy to ignore in a seasoned marriage) and cajoling (which was fun while it lasted). But then, an unexpected and exasperated statement came out at me from left field:

"BE A MAN!" she said.

Strangely, that had the desired effect. hel_l, I could be a man; I could garden. So I set out to prove it.

I began by taking a nap. It's the middle of the afternoon, f'crissake and only a fool would go out in such heat.

"Be a Man!" said a voice inside me, a voice I'd learned to ignore. Except this voice was really coming from the garden.

Dammit, it was the wife.

My procrastinator engine was cranking up and words were about to spew forth, but one look at the expression on her face threw a spanner in the works.

I shuffled out slowly to the garden, just to show her I'm not the kind to jump when she snaps her fingers, but not so slow as to make the volcano building on her reddened face erupt. Don't try this with your wife till you've had years of husbanding experience, 'cause it's a delicate balance.

I mowed, I dug, I snipped and cut. Whatever being a man felt like, this couldn't be it.

"There, that wasn't so hard," said Mrs T as she approvingly surveyed the results. Laying exhausted and sweaty on the ground with angry garden insects crawling all over me, all I could say was: "beer!"

She brought me a long, cold brew and treated me like royalty for the next half hour. All in all, this was the only part of gardening I liked.

so your not interested in helping me with the 10 rai then...............:D

"BE A MAN!" she said.

Dammit, it was the wife.

so your not interested in helping me with the 10 rai then...............:D

I don't think I'm man enough.

• Like 1

Op you mean something like this beats a flymo any day will cut grass thats 2 ft high no problem 8000bht

i cut 10 rai with this takes about 4-5 days i cut it every 2 months so gets pretty long....:D

I have one of those and it is great on flat ground that has no rocks or trees hiding in the long grass.

I usually use the normal kruang tatya which is the ones that the guys cutting the verges use.

It is hard work and I usually work for an hour or 2 in the mornings before it gets too hot and I do have 4 rai to clear.