Ferry To Ko Chang

taff33

The other ferry (Ao Thammachat) have newer ships, price about the same.You can bypass Trat too.

Approximately half way between Chanthaburi and Trat, there is a village called Saen Tung, turn right at the main junction and follow the signs for about 20 Km.

If you come from Trat, Centre Point is closer.Distance between the 2 piers about 5/6 Km.

As MauGR1 said - Don't go to Centrepoint.

It is a bit cheaper but is very slow and has fewer sailings than Koh Chang Ferry, which leaves from 'Ao Thammachat' No need to go to Trat, take the 3156 just after the police army checkpoint 25km before you reach Trat.

See the Googlemap of the driving route via Koh Chang Ferry here: http://iamkohchang.com/getting-to-koh-chang/driving-bangkok-to-koh-chang

• 1 year later...

Yes very easy. Minibuses at a ridiculous fee aranged at the arrival gate will take you to the ferry terminal. There is no choice at the airport. 470 baht ( i think) including ferry from airport to Koh Chang. Then of course you are at the mercy of the local transport system unless you have agreed to pay the airport bus to take you on to where you need to go.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

The other ferry (Ao Thammachat) have newer ships, price about the same.You can bypass Trat too.

Approximately half way between Chanthaburi and Trat, there is a village called Saen Tung, turn right at the main junction and follow the signs for about 20 Km.

If you come from Trat, Centre Point is closer.Distance between the 2 piers about 5/6 Km.

We want to go to Koh Chang whilst in the area next week. Where do you buy the ticket for the Ferry which goes from Koh Chang Ferry Pier? I recall the last time that we went to Koh Chang we bought a ticket miles away from the Ferry ... maybe that was the Centerpoint Ferry ... and we had to wait ages for the ferry. Can you pre-book and if so how please? thanks

Yes very easy. Minibuses at a ridiculous fee aranged at the arrival gate will take you to the ferry terminal. There is no choice at the airport. 470 baht ( i think) including ferry from airport to Koh Chang. Then of course you are at the mercy of the local transport system unless you have agreed to pay the airport bus to take you on to where you need to go.

yes we did this as it goes, was a doddle, if a bit pricey at 800b return per person. does take you directly to your resort by aircon minibus though. then picks you up day of your departure and takes you all the way back to trat airport. well, airstrip.

We want to go to Koh Chang whilst in the area next week. Where do you buy the ticket for the Ferry which goes from Koh Chang Ferry Pier? I recall the last time that we went to Koh Chang we bought a ticket miles away from the Ferry ... maybe that was the Centerpoint Ferry ... and we had to wait ages for the ferry. Can you pre-book and if so how please? thanks

You can buy the ticket at the counter close to the ferry..Ao Thammachat is a bit more expensive but is faster and starts every 45 min.

( if you had to wait for ages the previous time, i'd guess it was center point ferry )

• 3 weeks later...

There's more than one arrival pier now as well as several jumping off points, it seems. I can never remember which is which. One that you arrive at is a bit further down from the 'main' one (with the 'welcome to KC' sign) and the number of songthaews on that other one is useless.

There is also a speed boat service from Ao Thammachat which during busy periods is worth paying the extra. I can't see why anyone would go to Centrepoint if they were driving from the West.