Hotels In Cha Am?

kunash

hi all, i will be visiting hua hin again next month for a few days, staying at the hilton. i loved my last trip there, so am looking forward to going back.

before i return home to the UK in november, i will spend a few nights in Cha Am,

is Cham Am town on the beach / coast like hua hin? or is it a bit further inland

i am looking for a hilton style hotel, 5 star, on the beach, which can be within walking distance of the restaurants in Cha am. i can see many hotels from googling, but i am looking for a personal recomendation from somone who lives there, or knows the area. i am looking for somwhere that is central to everything, and a very good quality hotel

thank you

Edited by kunash

Imo, Cha-Am has a better beachfront that Hua Hin as they did it right... no construction on the beach side of the beach road so you have the beach with trees and umbrellas, then the road, and on the other side of the road are all the hotels and restaurants. I will leave it to someone else to recommend a particular hotel as I've only been there on day trips.

Cha-am is a very nice little resort with not to many tourist.

Cha-am beach is a 5 km. long road, with a nice beach on one side and on the other side hotels, shops and restaurants.

There are many hotels, most of them simple, I think that de 2 best one are Methavalai, a very nice hotel on the north side of the beach close to the harbour, another nice but very small hotel is Bann Pan tai, center of the beach, beautifull swimming pool, have 24 hotel rooms, and a few bungalows.

have a nice time in cha-am

thanks for replies, had a look at all the hotels suggested, and went for the Grand Pacific Sovereign. I gather it is a bit out the way, but we will be renting a motorbike. it looks nice

The golf cart/tuk tuk they have gives free rides to guests in Cha am anyway..