Birds Of Prey On Samui?

There is a pair of eagles on Koh Som (Banana Island). You can actually see them often if you're out that way. They know how to pick a lovely spot.

right birds, wrong fruit. i do pass by orange island quite often and will keep my eyes open.

Thanks for the correction joe, I should have just stuck to calling it Koh Som. It was actually a local fisherman that told me it was "Banana" island but something may have got lost in translation.

they've been threatening to build on that island for quite some time now. even marked out individual plots but it's never gone anywhere. i think the birds are safe for a few more years...

Hope so. Last year, (can't remember which month) we counted twenty three of the white breasted sea eagles soaring between

Koh Som and Plai Lam at one time.They were around for over a week mostly at dusk. Perhaps it was mating time as they were swooping around at each other. A wonderful site but I've only seen two around here so far this year. I don't hold out too much hope for the same numbers again, given the unrestrained development and habitat destruction on this part of the island.

impressive. wish i would have seen it...

There is a pair of eagles on Koh Som (Banana Island). You can actually see them often if you're out that way. They know how to pick a lovely spot.

right birds, wrong fruit. i do pass by orange island quite often and will keep my eyes open.

Thanks for the correction joe, I should have just stuck to calling it Koh Som. It was actually a local fisherman that told me it was "Banana" island but something may have got lost in translation.

all things considered, the fact that you at least determined a fruit was involved is a major development. the fact that som and gluay neither look nor sound alike is irrelevant, he was probably just hungry and tired of pla.