Educational Visa Available How Long

Hi!

I'm Romanian, 31 yo (sounds like dating, but, well, if those are the forum rules :)). But to keep it to the point:

I entered in Th the last year, on 25 August and haven't been outside Th; I have the same ED visa, I'm going to school now. I have extended, of course, every 3 months. The last time I extended was last month, around August 20 - this gave me another 3 months extension, until 19 November. My question is, since I knew the ED visa is available one year only (though it writes nothing on it, in my passport), do I overstay now or I'm legal?

I'm worried that I should have leave Th this year, in August, to get another ED (or whatever) visa, but since at Chaengwattana they just extended my (same) visa.... to be honest, I don't know what to think.

If, hopefully, I'm not overstaying now, then how many times I can extend this visa? I don't have plans to leave Th too soon, so can I stay (just extending again and again) with the same visa, issued at 25 August 2009?

Thank you!

• Like 1

As long as you meet the conditions (paperwork from school) and pay the 1,900 baht you can keep extending for 90 days at a time.

Sorry, I don't understand 'at a time'.

I can extend one more time (like I already did) after one year (ie the 4th time) or I can extend any XYZ time, every 3 months, like I already did? Supposing I'm not leaving 'Th for another year, can I extend 4 more times, without having to change the ED visa??

Thank you!

The ED-visa is a visa, and a visa is just a permit to come to Thailand and ask for permission to enter. This permission to enter is something else than a visa.

You are now on an extension of your permission to stay. You can keep getting extensions to your permission to stay as long as you continue your study and meet all requirements.

No need for a visa, as you are already in Thailand.