Fishing Trawlers At Chaweng

crusty

:( Today a fleet of 15 Thai fishing trawlers shepharded one of their sinking boats up to the beach in mid Chaweng. This happens almost every year, when the seas are quite rough with strong Westerlies. In the past, we have had three disaster cases, when the crews found they couldn't stem the leaks sufficient enough to enable the boat to be towed to Khanom and abandoned their boats for the locals to clean up after them. As usual, the N.E. Monsoon arrives soon, and the boat slowly breaks up in the surf and the beach is littered with planks with rusty nails and the engine and trawling gear waiting just under the suface to spear any unfortunate boats or swimmers in the area. We have had this happen front of Poppies, Malibu and Amari and every time it is up to the hotels staff to clear the wreckage. The authorities know who are the owners and they should be liable to clean up after them, but no one seems to care and they still can't decide does Samui need the income from fishing or tourism ? Hope to see the Greenies act on this pollution, because right now those 15 boats are pumping oily bilgewater into our bay !

Crusty, You should know that this is not a big enough headline for them loony Greenies to become involved in. It's more important to worry about issues far offshore than in their own backyard. :rolleyes: What has the Mayor got to say about this? :huh:

Crusty, You should know that this is not a big enough headline for them loony Greenies to become involved in. It's more important to worry about issues far offshore than in their own backyard. :rolleyes: What has the Mayor got to say about this? :huh:

:whistling: I don't see any hope of salvaging this one, this morning the decks are almost completely submerged. Screamingeagle and I have summoned the Mayor to our offices this morning. C'mon Greenies where are you when we need you ? :angry:

Edited by crusty

I see the weather swings to the N.E. at the end of this month. A floating crane needs to be brought in NOW, but I have a gut feeling it will be left to be broken up by the sea, just as the others were :angry: Goodby Chaweng......

Edited by crusty

I see the weather swings to the N.E. at the end of this month. A floating crane needs to be brought in NOW, but I have a gut feeling it will be left to be broken up by the sea, just as the others were :angry: Goodby Chaweng......

Well dunno about the Mayor, but the call to Insp. Sirichai of the Marine Police had the trawlers told to sort their problems out somewhere else and at 2pm. 5 trawlers, collectively towed the submerged boat over the horizon to a watery grave. :)

• Like 1

Well dunno about the Mayor, but the call to Insp. Sirichai of the Marine Police had the trawlers told to sort their problems out somewhere else and at 2pm. 5 trawlers, collectively towed the submerged boat over the horizon to a watery grave. :)

Well done Crusty! :thumbsup: Shame the authorities won't make the owners move the the two submerged boats just off Bang Rak.

Good job Crusty. :clap2:

Good job Crusty. :clap2:

Well done Mayor Crusty. :thumbsup: I hope they removed all the oil etc before sinking it in open waters, or the slick could be taken as an Oil Rig disaster by the Greenies?