Utorrent

Westerner

Hi

I wonder if any of you computer wizzkids can help. I have utorrents and it has been telling me for ages that I need to open up a port, so the other day I gave it a go, but I seem to have messsed things up somewhere along the line, because now I can't get any connections from anyone.

I have thought of removing utorrent and downloading it again. Do you think this will sort out the problem?

Many thanks for any help.

W.

Did you use www.portforward.com and follow the instructions correctly?

I have port forwarded using the above and have never had any problems.

Removing utorrent will not help, just port forward correctly

Edited by beano2274

Did you use www.portforward.com and follow the instructions correctly?

I have port forwarded using the above and have never had any problems.

Removing utorrent will not help, just port forward correctly

I ran utorrent for a long time without port forward and didn't have any problems, but because it kept saying you need to open a port I thought I would give it a go. I get right to the end and think I have done everything right but still it doesn't open a port. I wish I had left well alone now as I haven't got any connection at all. I think somewhere along the line I have checked or unchecked the wrong boxes,

either in windows firewall or utorrent connections, but I can't remember what the connections were before I started!

I have thought about getting my IT guy round but him being Thai I'm not sure he would understand about torrents. What do you think?

W.

I ran utorrent for a long time without port forward and didn't have any problems, but because it kept saying you need to open a port I thought I would give it a go. I get right to the end and think I have done everything right but still it doesn't open a port. I wish I had left well alone now as I haven't got any connection at all. I think somewhere along the line I have checked or unchecked the wrong boxes,

either in windows firewall or utorrent connections, but I can't remember what the connections were before I started!

I have thought about getting my IT guy round but him being Thai I'm not sure he would understand about torrents. What do you think?

W.

How about removing Utorrent, restore your computer to a date before you made the changes then download Utorrent again not sure if it'll work but easy enough to try.