Three Unexploded Bombs Found In Bangkok Area: Police

webfact

You are allowed to your opinion of course, but that doesn't mean you're right. 'Take no sides' and 'wholesale murder' is a contradiction. You dislike my answers and you follow-up with blatant lies ? To say 'government responsable for wholesale murder' doesn't make you a red-shirt indeed, only a bloody fool. And you accuse me of closed-mindedness ?

can you prove otherwise for me? if you can then I will accept it, until such a time I would rather you keep you abuse and calling me a liar to yourself.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so to clarify my stance, do i beleive that the currents bombs are placed by reds? No I don't. Do I think this government deserves to be in the post? No i dont, two reasons, number one is that they were not elected to be government, and number two I think they are responsible for the wholseale murder of Thai people in central Bangkok. These thoughts do not make me a red shirt, it is possible to have these beliefs and not be pigeon holed.

So to clarify, you are not a red shirt, but you do agree with the red shirts opinion on not being responsible for this bombing, the present government is not elected, and the government is responsible for murder in Bangkok, or in other words, three out of three aspects that you mentioned are exactly in line with the beliefs of the red shirts.

uhmm... ok. You're not a red shirt since you say so.

maybe if you read all my posts you might even find the one where I clearly say I take no sides and would not be afraid to admit it if I did, I state clearly both reds and yellows are wrong but both are forced into actions because the people they elect are not up to the job. I am neither red nor yellow, but I am very anti this current government. i hope that clarifies it for you, it gets tedious having to point out the mistakes of people that just jump in without reading the whole thread and understanding it. thanks

also have the red shirts given an opinion that they are not responsible for these bombings, according to other posters on here they have already admitted they are responsible, so which is it?

Edited by random

If you never believe answers, why do you bother to question, now seriously ?

As for your first sentence, logic is not your strong point I guess.

read the report then report back.

how silly of you also to suggest that I never believe answers, I do believe answers, I believe the answers that are credible and choose to question the ones that are not, hope that answers your question. I do this for either reds or yellows, I take no side in this

So you believe the reports regarding General Sonthi, but disbelieve the reports about the Red bombers. Most of both stories are written by exactly the same sources.

Perhaps that is why people question as to your claims of "I take no side"?

I clearly use the word 'appear', look it up in the dictionary

Yes, I saw you wrote appear and I know what it means.

I presumed that since you cited this information in a post that you believed the reports of it to be true. Do you believe it is true what the reports said?

If so, please refer back to my earlier post.

If not, then why post it or why post it without a disclaimer that you don't believe or it or to "take it with a pinch of salt" as you did with the red bomber reports.

You are allowed to your opinion of course, but that doesn't mean you're right. 'Take no sides' and 'wholesale murder' is a contradiction. You dislike my answers and you follow-up with blatant lies ? To say 'government responsable for wholesale murder' doesn't make you a red-shirt indeed, only a bloody fool. And you accuse me of closed-mindedness ?

can you prove otherwise for me? if you can then I will accept it, until such a time I would rather you keep you abuse and calling me a liar to yourself.

Saying that the government is responsible for wholesale murder indicates that you believe that the red shirts were not armed. Is that what you believe?

Why do I bother to reply, oh why?

91 deads in April - May 2010 timeframe. I've seen it described as massacre, bloodbath and now wholesale murder. More over I'm asked to prove that what others state is incorrect. When I tell you the moon is made of cheese, please disprove me.

Police were alerted to the explosive devices - one found at a parking lot of the Mall shopping centre on Ngamwongwan Road and another at the parking lot of the Public Health Ministry.

It seems some passerby saw it and phoned it in, I would think most people would if they found a bomb.

So a passer-by in the car park in The Mall saw a fire extinguisher and called the police? The police came and discovered it was a bomb. have you ever tried to get the police here to do something?

Clearly finding 3 bombs in such a short space of time, one of which appeared to be a fire extinguisher, and knowing how inept the police are here, added to the general lack of observation from the normal Joe Bloggs in the street, added to the fact that even the bombs that do explode tend to do so with little or no injury and tend to explode in the middle of the night when there is nobody around save for a bin scavenger and a security guard. Don't get me worng, even one death or injury is too much, but clearly the aim here is to not maim people, it is to frighten the people into accepting the continuation of a unneeded state of emergency.

A person is smart but the public are panicky, keep the masses in fear with these alleged bombs and that way keep the State of emergency, and that way keep the opposition down. It is so clear and I am amazed that other people do not see this.

Police were alerted to the explosive devices - one found at a parking lot of the Mall shopping centre on Ngamwongwan Road and another at the parking lot of the Public Health Ministry.

It seems some passerby saw it and phoned it in, I would think most people would if they found a bomb.

So a passer-by in the car park in The Mall saw a fire extinguisher and called the police? The police came and discovered it was a bomb. have you ever tried to get the police here to do something?

Clearly finding 3 bombs in such a short space of time, one of which appeared to be a fire extinguisher, and knowing how inept the police are here, added to the general lack of observation from the normal Joe Bloggs in the street, added to the fact that even the bombs that do explode tend to do so with little or no injury and tend to explode in the middle of the night when there is nobody around save for a bin scavenger and a security guard. Don't get me worng, even one death or injury is too much, but clearly the aim here is to not maim people, it is to frighten the people into accepting the continuation of a unneeded state of emergency.

A person is smart but the public are panicky, keep the masses in fear with these alleged bombs and that way keep the State of emergency, and that way keep the opposition down. It is so clear and I am amazed that other people do not see this.

Jesus?

Seems to be a lot here on TV who have a real hate thing going with the Thai cops.

Wonder in this is from personal experience or are they just parroting what others have said or written?

Me I have no problem with the cops here always found them to be very helpfull.

But then I've never broken any law, unless you count riding my pushbike on the footpath.

Wouldnt like to be part of a bomb disposal squad, hats off to the POLICE who do that job.

Great that they are being detected and defused before they can kill or injure someone.

Without looking for justification the mentality of those who would plant these bombs has to be called into question.

Are you new in Thailand ? many of us on TV have been robbed by the BIB , its happening in BKK as I speak, I got took so many times I had to have the windows on my car tinted so they could not see it was a farang driving, I myself have needed serious help twice from the cops what a joke that turned out to be. may as well as gone looking for mickey mouse.The corruption is in print and on the news every day of the week do you think that is all BS if you do your living in cuckoo land, I fear that one day when the truth hits you about these guys it will be at your expense.

Wouldn't like to be part of a bomb disposal squad, hats off to the POLICE who do that job.

captphoto12840149828394.jpg

File photo of a Thai bomb disposal expert putting on a protective suit in Bangkok. Police in Thailand defused three unexploded bombs discovered in Bangkok and surrounding suburbs over a matter of hours, one of them in front of a school and one in a shopping mall, they said Thursday.

AFP - September 9, 2010

isn't it amazing how normally the police could not find their own <deleted> with both hands, yet they seem to be finding unexploded bombs in places they would not normally even visit, the more sceptical amongst us can see these alleged explosives for exactly what they are, an excuse to continue with the pointless and oppressive state of emergency that is keeping other political parties down.

Amazing thailand

Well, to be fair , they could be going to these locations after tips from people who have found them. Anyway, the red shorts promised many times to blow up and burn down Bangkok. Why should we think they won't continue to try to do that now?

Perhaps we should suggest to the printed media that they change the color of the ink from black to red. It would seem plausabile that some certain uninformed or misinformed posters would have a better knowledge of current events.

Would make much more common sense that getting current events of the back/front of a T-Shirt

As to the police finding and defusing these bombs, would you feel it better that they ignore the call ins or tips?

I would suggest that when you want to criticise a poster for not reading news reports you do so after reading that persons posts. It seems a little ironic that you miss my post about supporting neither side (if I did I would have no hesitation in saying so) while criticising me for missing news reports. That said however I have not missed the news reports, I just choose to take them with the massive pinch of salt that they richly deserve.

1. Gonzo is NOT critisizing, that's your interpretation.

2. Your posts suggest you support the side which asks seemingly interested questions, only to jump on any type of response. Not only not wanting to believe the response, but also questioning 'how on earth can you believe this'.

3. If you do not care to believe any newsreport you read, why do you bother to read them. More over why do you annoy us ? As I said before 'government conspiracy theories' seem to come natural to some, but unproven.

Keep up the good work ;)

mmm interesting, so anything that does not fall in line with your beliefs annoys you, seems pretty closed minded of you. As for my posts suggesting something, I thought the words were pretty clear that I take no sides, however at the moment it is the reds to the fore so we are discussing them. One thing is however certain that i have no time for this government and whichever side is against them then that side I would listen to, evaluate and and then decide whether to support them based on their actions.

so to clarify my stance, do i beleive that the currents bombs are placed by reds? No I don't. Do I think this government deserves to be in the post? No i dont, two reasons, number one is that they were not elected to be government, and number two I think they are responsible for the wholseale murder of Thai people in central Bangkok. These thoughts do not make me a red shirt, it is possible to have these beliefs and not be pigeon holed.

mmmmmm must have been the government that torched all the store, robbed the ATMS, set up the barricades, closed down half of the commercial district blah blah blah, get a life.

<snip>

Which MP in the current government wasn't elected?

Do you believe that the red shirts were armed?

I don't understand why red shirt supporters (or "in denial red shirt supporters" in Random's case) can never actually answer simple questions when asked.

<snip> an excuse to continue with the pointless and oppressive state of emergency that is keeping other political parties down.

You find the State of Emergency oppressive? How So?

I've lived in Central Bangkok through out the whole episode, i have not found my daily life to be even slightly affected by the State Of Emergency.

I never said I found it oppressive, I clearly state that is is oppressive for opposition political parties.

Oppressive for Opposition Political Parties? And which parties would they be? From what I see there is no valid Opposition Party here. The Red Shirts are not Puea Thai, just a group of people with no political policies - oh maybe PTP are an opposition party then!!

Whatever, swap the parties around the benches and the same old noises will be made.

'Same Same - but Different' to quote the Tshirt.

So to clarify, you are not a red shirt, but you do agree with the red shirts opinion on not being responsible for this bombing, the present government is not elected, and the government is responsible for murder in Bangkok, or in other words, three out of three aspects that you mentioned are exactly in line with the beliefs of the red shirts.

maybe if you read all my posts you might even find the one where I clearly say I take no sides and would not be afraid to admit it if I did, I state clearly both reds and yellows are wrong but both are forced into actions because the people they elect are not up to the job. I am neither red nor yellow, but I am very anti this current government. i hope that clarifies it for you, it gets tedious having to point out the mistakes of people that just jump in without reading the whole thread and understanding it. thanks

also have the red shirts given an opinion that they are not responsible for these bombings, according to other posters on here they have already admitted they are responsible, so which is it?

Random, I for one see your thoughts clearly

My observations about Thaivisa poster (in general)... most posters on here are Bankokian and like much of the city they care little about the concerns of those in the North and Northeast and deepsouth as well.

Their views are influenced by government controlled media/propaganda in television and newspapers. They will seldom search out the viewpoint of the opposition. As for equal rights, civil liberties, freedom from censorship,due process of law... they couldn't care less as long as it does not affect the baht to dollar exchange negatively.

These are all generalizations of course.

And I am also brainwashed by friends and family in the North.

And yes, I do side with Redshirts. I support my Thai family and they feel segregated, wronged, and threatened by this government.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-amsterdam/thailand-sets-a-poor-exam_b_684464.html

This is how much of the outside world views Thailand and its shameful politics. Sure they do not know all of the events and all the players... but anyone should be able to see by now the direction and separation that has taken place since the 06 coup.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-amsterdam/thailand-sets-a-poor-exam_b_684464.html

This is how much of the outside world views Thailand and its shameful politics. Sure they do not know all of the events and all the players... but anyone should be able to see by now the direction and separation that has taken place since the 06 coup.

This is how Robert A. wants us to believe the outside world views Thailand.

http://www.huffingto...m_b_684464.html

This is how Robert A. wants the outside world to view Thailand.

A standard Robert A. piece, twisting facts and ignoring details.

isn't it amazing how normally the police could not find their own &lt;deleted&gt; with both hands, yet they seem to be finding unexploded bombs in places they would not normally even visit, the more sceptical amongst us can see these alleged explosives for exactly what they are, an excuse to continue with the pointless and oppressive state of emergency that is keeping other political parties down.

Amazing thailand

An assumption and not a fact.

In my view your scenario is highly unlikely.

But that's just my view and not stated as fact.

Unlike you, who make assumptions and state them as fact.

Random, I for one see your thoughts clearly

My observations about Thaivisa poster (in general)... most posters on here are Bankokian and like much of the city they care little about the concerns of those in the North and Northeast and deepsouth as well.

Their views are influenced by government controlled media/propaganda in television and newspapers. They will seldom search out the viewpoint of the opposition. As for equal rights, civil liberties, freedom from censorship,due process of law... they couldn't care less as long as it does not affect the baht to dollar exchange negatively.

These are all generalizations of course.

And I am also brainwashed by friends and family in the North.

And yes, I do side with Redshirts. I support my Thai family and they feel segregated, wronged, and threatened by this government.

Your friends may feel wronged by the government. But that's no reason to fall into the arms of a bunch of ignorant neo-fascists. But then the poor and oppressed have always been cannon fodder for extremists - whther religious or political. A responsible attitude towards them would be to educate them about real democracy.

What facts are twisted. I would be interested to know.

And that is a standard reply from those that support the government, attack the messenger.

I remember a Bankokian friend of my wife telling her Thaksin owned CNN, this is a person that runs a business and has an education from the west!..... that to me is the power of propaganda and hate. And I know brainwashing is on both sides but the government has a responsibility to bring sides together, instead they have only done the opposite.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703824304575435170175485654.html how about the Wall Street Journal ... can't be trusted?

<snip> an excuse to continue with the pointless and oppressive state of emergency that is keeping other political parties down.

You find the State of Emergency oppressive? How So?

I've lived in Central Bangkok through out the whole episode, i have not found my daily life to be even slightly affected by the State Of Emergency.

Same for me. The only time my life has been seriously affected was during the redshirt occupation.

was it not affected during the yellow shirt occupation of the airports and their running gun battles in the streets? I know I was, in fact personally I was more affected at this time as my daughter attends school near to Government House and had to spend many weeks off school, and I was also affected by being unable to fly on business, my business was also affected by both yellow shirts and red shirts.

I have no sides in this, both sides are as bad as each other, however I do sympathise with the people that are against the current government, and at the moment that seems to be both reds and yellows.

Yellows running gun battles? Usual red prattle accusing the other side of the crimes the reds themselves have committed.

There have already been arrests of reds admitting throwing devices post-May, so it is not surprising that some are resorting to terrorist activities now.

This is what happens when you have red leaders such as Arisman urging his red supporters to burn down Bangkok.

Thank goodness these thugs at least are no longer camped out on the streets.

Edited by yoshiwara

And that is a standard reply from those that support the government, attack the messenger.

I remember a Bankokian friend of my wife telling her Thaksin owned CNN, this is a person that runs a business and has an education from the west!..... that to me is the power of propaganda and hate. And I know brainwashing is on both sides but the government has a responsibility to bring sides together, instead they have only done the opposite.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703824304575435170175485654.html how about the Wall Street Journal ... can't be trusted?

Attack the messenger? you're lucky, they used to behead them.

I remember reading the rumors that the government had hired Cambodian snipers to shoot red-shirts and get a premium for every kill. Never substantiated of course. Unless you have details ?

The only reconciliation the reds are interested in is Thaksin back in power.

The one time both sides cut a deal in May, Thaksin through Seh Daeng scuppered it causing massive loss of face to the on the ground red leaders.

Seh Daeng then was shot and Thaksin's boys openly went on the rampage.

Thaksin will ensure that any independent leadership prepared to reconcile never emerges.

talk nice, act dirty, that is the Thaksin way.

I remember that video clip 'burn it, I take responsability'. That's the power of indoctrination, and hate-speeches, war-mongering. PTV would have been banned sooner in the West.

Bomb disposal a pretext for the state of emergency: Pheu Thai

By The Nation

The Pheu Thai Party on Thursday blamed the government for staging a series of bomb disposals as a pretext to continue enforcing the state of emergency.

Opposition lawmakers pointed their finger at the government as the culprit in the face of the homemade bombs found and defused on Wednesday.

Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai from Pheu Thai said although the people wanted the resumption of normalcy, the powers-that-be were staging disturbances to justify emergency rule.

Apiwan was commenting on two homemade bombs in Nonthaburi.

Pheu Thai MP and red-shirt leader Jatuporn Promphan said the government was behind every attempted bombing incident.

"The red-shirt movement is not capable of carrying out bomb attacks at this time," he said, voicing sarcasm that most red shirts are too busy trying to save their lives to do anything else.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said the bombs were an indication that a certain party wanted to disrupt normalcy.

"The government is obligated to ensure safety and pacify the situation," he said, though conceding it is an uphill battle to deter bomb attacks even though tough security measures are still in place.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-09