Best Hard Drive Best Ssd

Tywais

I've been using the SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB HDD for ~ 6 months across two recent builds and two external enclosures, so six drives, and am pleased with the performance. (At this point I'd rather have two 1 TB drives in a system than one 2 TB drive. I was buying them in the U.S. and bringing them back but now they are almost the same price here (2,290 baht at Jet Computer in Fortune). People have been raving about this drive for a while, although not sure why as it seems like HDDs are commodities, but I decided to try them out. Note that the 2 TB version is 5,400 RPM.

I'm not sure you'll find that F4 HDD here as 320 GB is really below the sweet-spot now but maybe some shops will have it. I'll ask in Jet as I need another F3.

I still like the WD 'Raptor 150 GB HDD (10,000 RPM) for a boot-drive, rather than an SSD; I bought another during the recent Labor Day sale at Newegg for $99.99.

I still like the WD 'Raptor 150 GB HDD (10,000 RPM) for a boot-drive, rather than an SSD; I bought another during the recent Labor Day sale at Newegg for $99.99.

That's what I have now and it's going on 6 years old so why I'm looking at the Spinpoint in RAID as a cost effective replacement. Will lose some on access time but transfer rates will be substantially higher. The Velociraptor or course is another option but SSD is not cost effective for me at the moment. Got very close to buying an OCZ SSD after reading various reviews but availability in Thailand seems limited.

Thanks for the info, Tywais.

If someone saw Western Digital Caviar Black WD2001FASS 2TB in Bangkok? How much is it?

InvadeIT list them on their website for Bt.5,590.

Yes, and on thanni.com it's at Bt.5,580.

The question is how much is it at retail shops?

There are also high capacity F4 drives on thanni.com.

No F4s on Thanni, been looking at all the main sites for a while now. Also, the F4 only comes in the 320GB single platter at the moment. Did you want a retail outlet due to not wanting to buy online, because Thanni is probably the best price you will find?

If someone saw Western Digital Caviar Black WD2001FASS 2TB in Bangkok? How much is it?

Considering new egg list it for $179.00 (Bt.5525) I would be very surpirsed if it was cheaper at a retail shop......... does InvadeIT and Thanni not have retail shop fronts ??

No F4s on Thanni, been looking at all the main sites for a while now. Also, the F4 only comes in the 320GB single platter at the moment. Did you want a retail outlet due to not wanting to buy online, because Thanni is probably the best price you will find?

Normally, online shops are more expensive.

Has anyone seen the Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive in Thailand? Looks like pricing in the USA is down to about $100 for the 250GB version. Looks like a decent fit for a notebook drive, and I've read several favorable reviews for the drive.

(http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/laptops/laptop-hdd)

(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148593&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Hard+Drives+-+Notebooks+/+Laptops-_-Seagate-_-22148593)

Has anyone seen the Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive in Thailand? Looks like pricing in the USA is down to about $100 for the 250GB version. Looks like a decent fit for a notebook drive, and I've read several favorable reviews for the drive.

(http://www.seagate.c...tops/laptop-hdd)

(http://www.newegg.co...gate-_-22148593)

Appears to be available.

Clicky Clicky

Hwhinter shops all over Thailand similar prices for WD disks