Fed Up With Tv Idiots.

zerod1

I reckon the level of moderation on this site is about right. No complaints on that score.

There are a number of regular annoyances for example:

People who reckon the Thai economy is going down the pan because there are fewer people in the Gogos

People who side with either the reds or yellows despite knowing practically nothing about Thai politics.

People who refer to Thais as Thai's and the Thai currency as the Bath

People who expect everything to work in exactly the same way as in their own countries despite the huge difference in economic and social structure, and differences in incomes.

People who accuse anyone who mentions they have a wife who is from a good Chinese-Thai family of being liars

None of the above I would consider serious enough to tempt me to one of the other Thailand forums.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's have a forum for newbie posters where they can all have a pleasant pat on the back from each other without being circled by the sharks constantly.......ahh no where's the fun in that? :D

i dont understand why calling someone silly when they do sikky things is frowned upon. how is anyone going to learn anything.

losing millions to lazee thai women trying to skirt thai laws that prevent farangs from owing property is downright goofy, yet we supposed to only feel sympathy?

Ten page threads on the subjects above are going to have maybe three or four useful posts and lots of piss taking and laughter from members. Mostly becuse they're glad not to be in the situation themselves. Posters crossing the line when it becomes a personal attack which to be honest I rarely see as I'm not inclined usually to count to more than five. :D

I think the OP might be a little thin skinned. Moderation is pretty good here and doesn't allow nasty comments. And, when the occasional one slips through, it doesn't last for long. Besides, a nasty comment says more about the person who writes it than it does about who it is directed at.

Thaivisa DOES however, allow debates on controversial topics. Debates by their very nature rile up people's feelings. I'm amazed at how many people get upset by someone else's point of view. When you take such a diverse group of people there are bound to be some disagreements. If you don't want a disagreement then go to one of the sub-forums that deal with specific topics... such as where to buy a good hamburger. :lol:

And, as far as starting a new forum where everyone agrees, then good luck with that. What a boring place that would be. Don't talk about it, just try to do it. Action speaks louder than words.

Whoever said anything about banning or weeding out disagreements... This thread has got so distorted by comments and replies by a minority of posters, that the whole thing becomes muddied, and nobody seems to know what they are talking about any more.

I am only referring to the members who read through what starts as a serious question and all its replies, and then spot maybe someone who mentions their gf, or wife or mother, as an example, then they like to poke in with an insult about the said poster's girlfriend, and maybe will insinuate something vile or perverted.... as a deliberate insult to get the blood up. then it is usually followed by a retaliation, and then followed by more idiot comments, and before you know it, the original topic is way gone.

Let's face it.... we have all seen many a thread go down the tubes this way.

i enjoy when someone starts a thread and instead of getting a positive reaction, get s majority negative ones, thenchanges his view trying to fit in more:lol: :lol:

I think the OP might be a little thin skinned. Moderation is pretty good here and doesn't allow nasty comments. And, when the occasional one slips through, it doesn't last for long. Besides, a nasty comment says more about the person who writes it than it does about who it is directed at.

Thaivisa DOES however, allow debates on controversial topics. Debates by their very nature rile up people's feelings. I'm amazed at how many people get upset by someone else's point of view. When you take such a diverse group of people there are bound to be some disagreements. If you don't want a disagreement then go to one of the sub-forums that deal with specific topics... such as where to buy a good hamburger. :lol:

And, as far as starting a new forum where everyone agrees, then good luck with that. What a boring place that would be. Don't talk about it, just try to do it. Action speaks louder than words.

Whoever said anything about banning or weeding out disagreements... This thread has got so distorted by comments and replies by a minority of posters, that the whole thing becomes muddied, and nobody seems to know what they are talking about any more.

I am only referring to the members who read through what starts as a serious question and all its replies, and then spot maybe someone who mentions their gf, or wife or mother, as an example, then they like to poke in with an insult about the said poster's girlfriend, and maybe will insinuate something vile or perverted.... as a deliberate insult to get the blood up. then it is usually followed by a retaliation, and then followed by more idiot comments, and before you know it, the original topic is way gone.

i enjoy when someone starts a thread and instead of getting a positive reaction, get s majority negative ones, thenchanges his view trying to fit in more:lol: :lol:

Who is changing their point of view?????

Who is changing their point of view?????

maybe not change point of view, but a softening of the position.

Who is changing their of view????? You were actually the member who spurred me to start this thread, with your lewd insinuations about my girlfriend when all i was doing was adding to a topic to say she was over educated and in my opinion underpaid. I believe you called her stupid, and insinuating how she maybe bumping up her income, and that her and her family were lying. You also insinuated that i was a liar. Where do you feel that you are qualified to comment to a total stranger about his girlfriend and her family... Yet I reported your comment, but there it still is... So obviously this forum thinks you have an entitlement to be deliberately rude and cruel to people.

You are one of the reasons that this forum will one day cease to be.

Everyone give him a big round of applause.... he successfully managed to upset a newbie and got the website banned.

This topic has reached its expiration date. The initial comment from the OP below is inflammatory as are many responses in here along with taking swipes at the moderators. Requests by mods/admin were ignored and as such, this topic is now CLOSED.

I expect the 'moderators' to delete this topic. But what the heck.... Gives me even more reason to set up in competition with a forum that is everything what decent member want from TV, just minus all the idiots.

:mfr_closed1: