Exchange Rates....

Hi Trend Setters,

If I make a SWIFT transfer from Australia using

Aussie dollars, would the exchange rate be different

if I used ATM's in Thailand to get the money?

I am having trouble with SWIFT and was wondering,

apart from the ATM fees, would there be much difference?

Regards

Will

The rate in BKK is better then you transfer the money from ATM. Please looked at the rate under this company. www.supperrich1965.com they have good rate

then any other bank. Just use your passport and go there they will photocopy your passport and then you can change any amount of money you want.

The location is near to Central World Plaza. just behind BigC..next to the soi very easy to find.

Unless you are wanting to get a low amount of baht one or twice, your are going to be better off wiring the money and getting the TT rate versus the rate provide from an ATM withdrawal. Doing "frequent" transfers via SWIFT "or" ATM withdrawal is going to get expense fee-wise. You'll be better off "baht-in-hand" if you transfer larger amounts of home country currency periodically via wire and get the TT rate....your fee costs should be lower also. Using an ATM card/debit card/credit card to transfer home country currency/get baht is generally just too fee-laden with a lower exchange rate.

There is discussion of SWIFT vs ATM costs in the Bangkok Bank thread. A good read. The answer also depends on how much money you need. The ATM exchange is very good and is fractionally or nominally less that the TT rate. The key is having an ATM free of foreign transaction fees which seems to be a challenge if you are not American.