Confused - Border Run Coming Up, Multiple Entry Visa

I have a tourist visa that says 'good for 3 journeys to Thailand' and 'must be utilised by27 December 2010.

On entry to Thailand on the 15h of July I was admitted Until 12th September.

Does this mean I can just go to a border, get a couple of stamps in another country, turn around and get stamps in Thailand again, no extra cost beyond the cost of entry to the other country?

Also, 15th July to 12th September is 59 days - I gather that I received a 60 day visa, but does that mean I have to leave the country before the 12th (Sunday) or can it be on the 12th, or indeed can I leave on the 13th without an overstay stamp/cost?

Thanks for any help with what are probably boring questions that I could have looked up myself had I given myself more time. Sorry.

The day you enter counts as one day. Yes, all you have to is exit the country and return, and you will be stamped in for 60 days again. To use all 3 entries, you must make the final entry before December 7. For this first entry, you should leave on the 12th or earlier, or apply for a 30 day extension for 1900 Baht.

Edited by beechguy
  • Like 1

Thank you, much appreciated. Just to be sure - my 'utilised before' date is the 27th - so I must make my final entry before the 27th rather than the 7th?

I'm planning to get the overnight train from bkk to the Laos border tomorrow so I should be stamped out a day 'early' . Gives me a chance to wander around Vientiane for a bit rather than being cooped up on a visa run bus all day to, in and from some pisspot border trap in Cambodia.

Thank you, much appreciated. Just to be sure - my 'utilised before' date is the 27th - so I must make my final entry before the 27th rather than the 7th?

I'm planning to get the overnight train from bkk to the Laos border tomorrow so I should be stamped out a day 'early' . Gives me a chance to wander around Vientiane for a bit rather than being cooped up on a visa run bus all day to, in and from some pisspot border trap in Cambodia.

Yes I'm sorry a typo on my part, make the final entry by the 27th. Also, each entry is eligible for the 30 day extension, and they can be done a few days early without losing any days.

Edited by beechguy