2 Bed Houses For 20-25K In Hua Hin

Englander

Im looking to move to Hua Hin in 5-9 weeks or so when my lease in BKK runs out.

Could anyone recommend any 2 bed places in housing developments within 2-3KM's of town for about 20-25K a month, id prefer to go direct to developments and not have to bother with agents if at all possible.

Im after something that is fairly new built, is in a safe area as mother and baby will be there whilst i am working away and has decent furnishings. (inc a bathtub/oven)

Also what is public transport like in Hua Hin, as ive not been there for 5 years so am presuming things have changed a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Englander

If you don't want to go through an agent, then you're going to have to take a trip down there and walk/drive around. You can easily find something for that price. There's no real public transportation in Hua Hin (unless you count those green vans, but they don't help unless you live on the main road).

If you don't want to go through an agent, then you're going to have to take a trip down there and walk/drive around. You can easily find something for that price. There's no real public transportation in Hua Hin (unless you count those green vans, but they don't help unless you live on the main road).

^ Exactly, there should be plenty of rentals in that price range but unless an owner sees your post on here and answers you, you will probably need to come here and spend a few days in a hotel while you look around personally. a couple of months ago when we thought our house had sold (deal fell through) it took us all of two hours driving around in the neighborhood where we had decided we wanted to rent to find the perfect house in our price range. There are lots available.

If you live in Hua Hin for very long you will need your own transport. As stated above the only cost effective public transport are the baht buses (lime green with a yellow stripe on the side) that run up and down the main road and to the Market (for a flat fee of 10 baht). The only other choices are pickup taxis, Tuk-Tuks, and motorbike taxis. The pick-ups and Tuk-Tuks are outrageously expensive if you compare them with meter taxis in Bangkok as you will pay more for a 1 kilometer ride in one of them than you would pay a metered taxi for a 45 minute ride all the way across Bangkok. Motorcycle taxis are fairly reasonable but scary as you are zipping through and around traffic on the back with no helmet or protection of any kind. If you rent 2-3 kilometers out of town, your only option would be to find a reliable pickup taxi or Tuk-Tuk who would come out there and maybe give you a discount as a frequent customer and get their phone number. Otherwise, you would be stuck at home and depending on the location may not even be able to rustle up a motorcycle Taxi.

Check this place out: http://www.kirinakara.com/project.php?lang=en

I lived there for a year; fully furnished 2 bed/2 bath NEW house for 15,000 a month on a 6 month contract from the project owner.

They also have some houses with a private pool for a bit more, but there is a free communal pool and gym.

There are also some for rent from the individual home owners.

But, I always had problems with the water being off (overnight) about once every two weeks.

Security sucked so I had an alarm installed and also motion lights; never had any problems nor did I hear of any in the neighborhood.

Also had a regular tuk-tuk driver that would take me into town or back home for 150 baht (one way); the other ones usually charged 200 baht.

The small tuk-tuk rides inside of town are 100 baht.

Good luck.

Cheers for the help, i was planning on coming down next weekend for a few days to have a good look around.

That Kiri Nakar looks pretty much what im after will definitely take a look, though the problem is the transport as ive always said to myself not to bother driving a car as the driving standards here arent upto scratch, and i would never let her go on a motorbike or take the baby near one.

Would anyone know of similar places a little closer to town?

Cheers for the help, i was planning on coming down next weekend for a few days to have a good look around.

That Kiri Nakar looks pretty much what im after will definitely take a look, though the problem is the transport as ive always said to myself not to bother driving a car as the driving standards here arent upto scratch, and i would never let her go on a motorbike or take the baby near one.

Living in Hua Hin really requires once own transport for a comfortable life unless one lives in the town or along Petchkasem road. And also, although the driving standard here is odd it is not as bad as one might think with a car as the real danger is driving a motorbike.

I have to agree with stgrhe. Not having your own transportation will make life difficult in Hua Hin. Even if you have money to spare and can call a tuk tuk anytime you want, it's still inconvenient unless you can plan to do everything you need in a single trip. All the nice developments are out of town, so you can't really walk anywhere. If you want to live in town, you're stuck with a single house, probably without a garden, no security and smaller spaces.

Cheers i will have to look into the cost of hiring a car on a bi-monthly basis as having somewhere nice and liveable is the priority, i have been living in apartments and cant stand the things, im still undecided if i want to stay in Thailand after living in BKK and Jomtien hence wouldnt want to fork out for a car just yet.

I'll take a look down Petchkasem road wherever this maybe also, as it might be worth paying a bit more instead of having to hire a vehicle

Edited by Englander

You can take on my house if you like..... I am moving out soon. Soi 102, 2 bed, 2 bath, brand new, walled and gated, modern style with small pool and raised sala above the car port. The house is situated on high ground at the begining of the hills so you have an awesome view of Hua Hin and partial sea view. Its a real nice place. 25K a month though I think the landlord may drop a few thousand as I just rushed in and agreed the price without negotiating.

PM me if interested.

Living in Hua Hin really requires once own transport for a comfortable life unless one lives in the town or along Petchkasem road. And also, although the driving standard here is odd it is not as bad as one might think with a car as the real danger is driving a motorbike.

I just kept getting visions of the Queen of England in my head there for some reason..

Sorry, carry on..:D