Rechargeable Battery For Old Macbook (Black)

triffid

I'm looking to buy one of these and the local (chiangmai) shop says I need to order and they will get it from Singapore. The thai online shop doesn't seem to stock it either. So I looked at the Singapore online shop and they are quoting a price that seems to translate into a thai baht price about 600 baht cheaper than what I was quoted here - and Singapore is offering free shipping. Now 600 baht isn't a huge mount and I wouldn't want to take any risks of loss in the post etc. Anyway I don't know if Singapore will do free shipping to Thailand.

While I'm about it I may even buy the iPod Touch - which is also noticeably cheaper - in the same 'shopping basket'.

Does anyone have experience buying from an online Apple shop abroad? Any reason to be wary regarding the post, the customs, anything else? Maybe what I'm thinking about is a non-starter.

Is there any way to get the new iPod Touch online/in the post and cheaper than the thai shop price - with a valid warrant?

Thank you for the info and the referral to the fastmac page for the battery.

Have you ordered anything from this seller for shipping to Chaingmai? I can't get a quote on their page for the shipping cost - and there is their caveat as to customs duty etc. What do you think?

The fastmac price, before the supplementary shipping costs, is double the price at the thai store.

Apple online store Singapore doesn't ship to Thailand (or anywhere outside Singapore). So either the Thai store or a 3rd party battery like this one: http://store.fastmac...products_id=151

Have you ordered anything from this seller for shipping to Chaingmai? I can't get a quote on their page for the shipping cost - and there is their caveat as to customs duty etc. What do you think?

The fastmac price, before the supplementary shipping costs, is double the price at the thai store.

Apple online store Singapore doesn't ship to Thailand (or anywhere outside Singapore). So either the Thai store or a 3rd party battery like this one: http://store.fastmac...products_id=151

I didn't check their price, but if it's double to start out with, go with the official one from the Apple store. The fastmac battery is a bit better than the original, but definitely not 2x better.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. The official thai apple shop battery is the more expensive one - about $196 vs $99 at fastmac.

But my worry is the shipping to Thailand (cost and safety) and the customs here.

Have you ordered apple hardware overseas and had it shipped here?

I didn't check their price, but if it's double to start out with, go with the official one from the Apple store. The fastmac battery is a bit better than the original, but definitely not 2x better.