Whats The Strangest Thing You'Ve Ever Seen Here?

thailandbluegrass

a street cleaner spent forty minutes yesterday trying to get my cat to pick the lottery numbers.

Loved that.

the cat was not impressed. i kept a close watch at first because the cat is too friendly for its own good. once i figured out what she was up to i left them to it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the strangest things I have ever seen in Thailand are the Farangs that hate to live here, yet still live here, all the time professing they have plenty of money and can go to live where they choose, and they still choose to stay in Thailand, yet all they do is put Thailand and Thai people down.

So they Marry a Thai person and live in Thailand......blink.gif

Now, that is very strange. laugh.gif

Edited by sillyman99
  • Like 1

When I first got to LOS and arrived at Don Muang I was so excited because for about 6 years previous I had studied Buddhism etc and could not wait to see the real Thai Temples, Monks etc. Well when I got out of the Airport area into the Taxi, car waiting area to light up a well deserved smoke, I looked over and saw a Mont leaning on a BMW with a Mobile in his hand and smoking a ciggarette.

Well that blew my thoughts completely out of proportion. A couple of years later when I asked my new wife about it she just said "yeah its the modern day monk". 10 years later now I accept it as TIT.

Another monk story is when My wife and I went to the local temple to ask for a monk to come by and bless our Buddha shelf, Buddha statue and house they said sure tomorow can do.

When the morning came the monk showed up, walked into our house, light up a smoke and sat down on our sofa. At that time I didn't smoke and had no ashtrays.

Thailand never siezes to amaze me day to day and I love hearing these stories and living them at the same time. lol

Another thing that I thought was strange at the time was this parking lot I saw in Pattaya. I posted this pic on another thread but hey "IT'S STRANGE".post-76485-073394200 1284473275_thumb.jp

Think you should change your fun venues or friends.:)

Why ?

I like it here, if I didn't, guess what, I'd leave.

So you have never noticed how people complain about Thailand and Thai people, yet they CHOOSE to marry a Thai person and live in Thailand ?

For me, I find that strange.

Or is it normal ? blink.gif

I saw some Thai guy standing at a bus stop outside Hua Lamphong railway station with his flies open and his tackle handing out. Everyone pretended not to notice.

I was waiting for my daughter outside her piano school and a homeless guy the other side of the road was simply wearing a singlet and trying to cover his nether regions with an old towel. Seeing as the towel was too small when he managed to cover his arse his cock and balls fell out and vice versa.

In the end he just gave a grin that epitomized the phrase " fuc_k it ", let the towel drop to the ground and strolled off down the road with everything hanging out and not a care in the world.

Edited by mca

Or is it normal ?

If you say you find somthing strange, is that a complaint? Have you ever used the words "strange" and "wonderful" together?

"Every time a man unburdens his heart to a stranger he reaffirms the love that unites humanity."

-- Germaine Greer

Or is it normal ?

If you say you find somthing strange, is that a complaint? Have you ever used the words "strange" and "wonderful" together?

"Every time a man unburdens his heart to a stranger he reaffirms the love that unites humanity."

-- Germaine Greer

I need a drink !!!

Or is it normal ?

-- Germaine Greer

I need a drink !!!

I reckon so.

josey_wales.jpg

Just wondering the strangest things you have ever seen in Thailand?

I have to many and could write a book of them but for me one strange thing I saw (or maybe not so strange) was when I first got to Thailand 10 years ago I was people watching over a frosty and saw a Police man driving his 3 children home from work on his motorcycle, none that had helmuts on and what did he have in his left hand but a bottle of open whisky dangling below his ear because at the same time he was driving he was also talking on his mobile.

Ok so maybe having one child in front of you, two behind you, no helmuts, drinking whisky and talking on the phone isn't so strange as long as your a police man? haha

That was then, and it looked strange. Now that you've been here a while, when you see something like that, the kinds of thought that likely pop up are:

Where's the family poodle?

There's prolly room for one more kid on that bike.

Why aren't any of the kids playing a hand-held video game?

Etc.

Farangs who crushed an ant, which was accidentally on the table, without stop talking about minor matters.

I have noticed that several times.

One of the most heated arguments I had with my Thai partner was whether to use BayGon insect-killer spray on the ants in our kitchen, or simply sweep them out the door. My partner won (sweep them), and of course, within the hour they were right back in the kitchen. :D

Farangs who crushed an ant, which was accidentally on the table, without stop talking about minor matters.

I have noticed that several times.

One of the most heated arguments I had with my Thai partner was whether to use BayGon insect-killer spray on the ants in our kitchen, or simply sweep them out the door. My partner won (sweep them), and of course, within the hour they were right back in the kitchen. :D

I was talking about one, just one, ant crawling over the table. No danger to human superiority..........

Whats The Strangest Thing You've Ever Seen Here? It must be the army killing Red-shirts; because it is NOT possible at all, as the army are instructed NOT to shoot using REAL bullets.

Somehow I accidently clicked on you for positive reputation for this post when I didnt mean too :lol: ......so thats left me with no other option other than to post to tell you to grow up.

Mods please edit that GREENIE, at once ;)

Just give him a red one to cancel it out. :)

Done, oh sorry you meant the other post! oops! :lol:

- A womans purse with a wooden penis, as an money attracting amulet in it!

:whistling:

- the till, a little plastic bucket, suspended from the ceiling with a string, which can be moved up and down...

:blink:

- guys with an overload of make up, eyelashes dressed in womens clothes, behaving like cheap... ah'well..

- variety of insects sold on the markets as food supplement or snack.

- and man in uniform, pretending to be police, but most of them are those which they should be after...

TiT!

The twice daily MK staff dance

Needs to be seen to be believed. Would be classed as a crime against humanity in the West. Thai diners pretend nothing's happening while I don't know whether to die from laughter, pity or pure shame to be watching it from outside.

I wonder if that is a Laos import, I was in a fried chicken place in Vientiane a couple of months ago, and the waitresses did the same thing there, trying not to choke on my glass of cola I accidentally snorted it out of my nose.... not a pleasant sensation and very sticky bogies for a few days. Luckily all the other patrons were too busy watching the dancers to witness me.

• Like 1

Thais wearing T-Shirts that say:

<deleted> off

you mother F**king F**ker

Or I will F**king.....etc.....

Sorry I can't write all of it :)

I wonder how far I got wearing a T-Shirt

like that in Australia.:)

If it is in Thai from Coffs Harbour to Carnavon.

Years ago, Soi Asoke, the humpback bridge over the klong - an antiquated Thai truck, desperately overloaded failing to make the climb and the load dragging the arse end down and lifting the front wheels off the road. The driver was crouched behind the wheel, racing the engine and pulling the wheel uselessly left and right. Clouds of diesel smoke, colourful language from motorists who were unable to get past in either direction, and this at the evening rush hour. Wonderful stuff.

• Like 1

Needs to be seen to be believed. Would be classed as a crime against humanity in the West. Thai diners pretend nothing's happening while I don't know whether to die from laughter, pity or pure shame to be watching it from outside.

I feel embarrased just watching it. Don't know how the employees feel. Carrefour has a dance also.

Years ago (again), seeing two very obvious ladies of the night leaving the apartment next to mine, each of them wearing just one high-heeled shoe. My neighbour had taken two hostages the previous night and had slept in later than usual and his maid arrived, (a homely soul) and much in love with him, and had taken offence and tossed just one of each pair of shoes over the balcony. The vision of these two lovelies limping down the balcony corridor, each supporting the other, remains as one of my favourites.

About 14 years ago I was sitting on a plastic stool at walking street in Pattaya. A buddy was with me at the time and we were sipping a beer while watching the "traffic" go by. I then felt something on my ankle and looked down to see this huge bug attached to my sock. I don't normally wear socks, but my feet were sore from walking too much in flip flops.

Beetle_on_sock_Em.sized.jpg

I took a photo with my camera and then tapped a Thai lady, who was selling food from a cart, on her shoulder. When she turned around I held up my foot and pointed at the bug with a questioning look on my face. The lady got all excited and grabbed the bug off my sock and it promptly bit her. That didn't faze the woman at all as she promptly stuffed the bug (live) into a plastic bag and handed it to me. I shrugged again with my hands in the air indicating I didn't know what to do with it. She pushed me in the direction of a Thai man also selling food. I took the live bug to the Thai fellow and he also got excited. He offered me some money that I refused and just gave it to him.

I later learned that the bug was a rhinocerous beetle and are often kept as pets.

It's not a real funny story, but an unusual one for me, as it was one of my first trips to Thailand.

• Like 1

Another story that amused me was when I was travelling with a pretty Thai lady from Sakhon Nakon. She was very religious and we stopped at every temple we came to. at one big temple there was some sort of ceremony going on. Kung bought the usual 3 or 4 candles and three plants that look like pealed onions that resemble tulips. We marched three times around the temple, lit the candles and stuck the plants in a big vase for that very purpose. Then we kneeled in front of the head Monk. I gave an offering (money) to the monk and he sprinkled a bit of holy water on Kung. Kung then said something to the monk and he looked straight at me. Then he dipped his brush in the holy water and almost emptied the bowl on me. I almost burst out laughing because it was so obvious that I needed a whole LOT of cleansing..

Then he dipped his brush in the holy water and almost emptied the bowl on me.

When the monks blessed our house and everyone was kneeling heads bowed as the abbot was flinging the old H2O about me being a nosey bugger stck my head up at the wrong time to see what was going down and got a spluttering faceful.

when I was travelling with a pretty Thai lady from Sakhon Nakon.

I'm waiting for one of your posts that says "I was travelling with a Thai lady with a face like a bulldog licking piss from a thistle" or " I once knew a young Thai lady whose face resembled a robber's dog's arse" Ian. :D

• Like 1

About 14 years ago I was sitting on a plastic stool at walking street in Pattaya. A buddy was with me at the time and we were sipping a beer while watching the "traffic" go by. I then felt something on my ankle and looked down to see this huge bug attached to my sock. I don't normally wear socks, but my feet were sore from walking too much in flip flops.

Beetle_on_sock_Em.sized.jpg

I took a photo with my camera and then tapped a Thai lady, who was selling food from a cart, on her shoulder. When she turned around I held up my foot and pointed at the bug with a questioning look on my face. The lady got all excited and grabbed the bug off my sock and it promptly bit her. That didn't faze the woman at all as she promptly stuffed the bug (live) into a plastic bag and handed it to me. I shrugged again with my hands in the air indicating I didn't know what to do with it. She pushed me in the direction of a Thai man also selling food. I took the live bug to the Thai fellow and he also got excited. He offered me some money that I refused and just gave it to him.

I later learned that the bug was a rhinocerous beetle and are often kept as pets.

It's not a real funny story, but an unusual one for me, as it was one of my first trips to Thailand.

I'm glad you put that disclaimer in, but the real question is were you wearing shorts or trousers with the white socks? The sock looks to be quite high up the leg which does need a separate disclaimer for itself.

Ha, yes...I was just there the other week with my wife and in laws; they started the dance and I said to my wife that I felt sorry for them....she replied: "why do you feel sorry for them, its their job?"

cultural differences I guess