Where To Buy A Xbox360 Unmodified

Wolfie

Just a quick few questions,

First Question;

I know its easy to buy a modified Xbox360 anywhere in Bangkok these days, but what i really want to get is an unmodified one?

I will buy the kinetic system, when its out, so i want an unmodified xbox so i can play online etc.

Second Question;

I have looked at PlayAsia.com (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-bq-49-en.html),

they seem to have plenty of stock, but they seem to have three versions; US, Japan and Asia. What is the difference between these versions? Do i need one with a hard drive or without (arcade version)?

Which is the best for Thailand? I already have a power converter from my old xbox 360, which was the US version, so i dont need to buy one of those if i get the US version.

Third Question;

What price should i expect to pay for the unmodified xbox360? ball park figure will be enough

Thanks in advance

I am a PAL 360 user, which I have never seen sold in the shops here. I either pick one up whenever I am in the UK, my mum comes over or I get my mum to Air Mail it to my home (I just got my SIXTH PAL 360 yesterday for 50quid postage)

Perhaps try an Australian or UK website if you want a PAL 360

Since the 360 was released I have had only PAL 360's and I as I said I am now on my SIXTH 360!

The first year I went through THREE alone with RROD, since then they last longer but still RROD (though I have not tried the slim models yet). I get the RROD ones fixed but the fixes rarely last longer than 6 months or so and trying to fix them again is a waste of time IMHO:(

I always have 2 working 360's, one modded and one unmodded for xbox live and Kinnect.

Kinnect will require a dashboard update which my modded console cannot DL as I dare not risk getting the console banned and then losing the option to install games to the HDD

FYI I really think PS3 move will be MUCH better than Kinnect as the PS3 move has much less lag and you can play sitting down! It is supposed to be even better than Wii Motion Plus

Kinnect games seem to be more suited to standing up and has difficulty when playing with people of different heights (kids and adults)

I guess we'll soon find out. PS3 move should be here this week or next

• 2 weeks later...

The difference between regions is the reason for the different consoles. Some games can only be played by machines keyed to a certain region.

I'd advise you to get the Asia XBox if you plan on buying games here. The ballpark figure for the current generation XBox 360s should be 12,000 give or take 500baht.

The models you see that are out of stock are the old Jasper models. The demand for those have increased since the new 360s isn't quite modifiable yet.

tl;dr - Get Asia, XBox 360s, 12,000-ish from sites like nadz-project or saphan lek if you're adventurous enough

• 3 months later...

Hi there

am a newbee on the block

my question

my son playes a trial version of halo (no xbox required

I wonder if there is a Halo Pc disc version were i can let my son ply without the expensive xbox or whatever.

realy i dont know anything about games etc etc

so i you can give me advice i would be very pleased

thanx in advange

HGMA

http://nadzproject.com/

They will deliver for about 300 baht too :) I use them all the time, just got them to bring me the new Halo game yesterday

I have a UK 360 - had it for over 2 years now. Never had the RROD problem (think was was cured in later versions - something to do with the heat sink being too close to the CPU or something). Anyway, I am seriously thinking of getting mine modded. I have never been able to play on line or do updates anyway here - just never connects (link to the router, but not to Live) - so I just don't see the benefit of having to wait mfor over priced games from the UK so I can play them - can't even watch movies on it via the DVD drive because of the region lock!