Removal Van Needed.

marcusmarsh

After a 3 year stint in Pai I have decided to come back to Chiang Mai and

so need to move all my stuff from Pai to CM.

I could do the move in 1 day.

ie, hire a van, drive up early morning to Pai, load van and return same day fairly easily.

I just dont know the cheapest way to do this ?

Questions,

1 - any recommendations for a company to use ?

2 - any ideas on price please (for 24 hours rental and petrol)

All advice would be appreciated.

After 3 years in Pai why donot ask someone there? It is fairly small place should be easy to find what you want in an afternoon of talking to friends and aquaintances.Anyone here who is Pai and on TV you probably already known there. Just ask around if you have been in Thailand for 3 years or more you should know by now how things work.

After 3 years in Pai why donot ask someone there? It is fairly small place should be easy to find what you want in an afternoon of talking to friends and aquaintances.Anyone here who is Pai and on TV you probably already known there. Just ask around if you have been in Thailand for 3 years or more you should know by now how things work.

Not the most helpful post - not sure why you,de bother posting that.

• Like 1

I have used Northern Wheels for car rental not sure if you want a pick up or bigger. Must be a load of web sites,including theirs, listing rentals for the CM area. Try them

Thanks Sparkles,

They seem to have the best prices so far - nice one.

My only issue is whether everything will fit into a pick up truck - not the easiest to

know until I start loading up.

Cheers

Northern Wheels is good and if you rent car remember to rent noon - noon a rental day usual have 24 hours !!! and as private you don't care drive during night? This open you the door to make easy 2 times the trip between 24 hours; if needed.

I used for 3 bed room, european style furnished living / dinning room, 2 motorcycle, washmachine and many more to times the same forwarder in CNX to move once Phetchaburi - Hang Dong and Hang Dong Prachuap Khiri Khan, Each trip was only 15'000 THB (other forwarders as eg. Lamprecht etc. asked 78'000).

I can't remember the company name but she is located along the Superhighway / Chiang-Mai Lampang Rd. if you drive South - North at the left side not lower the Charoen Muang Rd and in the North Kaewnawarat Rd.! There is a very large parc with forwarder companies, take the first at right hand when you enter in this car park, they have from normal Hino 3.5 tons up to very large. Hope it helps you

Edited by challenger99

U/s. What would be the point of renting in Pai when the ultimate destination is CM?

Op, beings as it's rainy season, I'd go the minivan route and rip out some of the seats, piling them up. Budget may have one and know Northwheels do... the problem being these vans usually come 'with driver'. If you don't fancy wasting half a day coming to CM and then driving the thing back, have it dropped off. Reckon Northwheels would do that and even if it were to cost a few k, it'd save a lot of messing about and keep stress levels down before you have to do all the humping.

Vans are around the 2k mark.

Hi,

I know Chao Doi Khon Song (Choa Doi mean Hill tribe, and Khong song mean transportation)

But they have service only from Maehongson to Chiangmai.

From Pai there are pick up truck and six wheel truck with driver with steel roll bar you can put canvas cover after finish loading.

Waht date you plan to move?

PM me i will give you phone number.

Jula