Utorrent

Westerner

Hi

I had uTorrent 1.7.7 which I have removed and I have downloaded the 1.8.2 version. I click on the torrent I want to download and get to "do you want to open or save etc.etc.". When I click "open" nothing happens and it's not opening into uTorrent to download.

Does anybody know what the problem is?

Thanks.

W

I have downloaded the 1.8.2 version.

Have you installed it too?

Hi

I thought it was automatically installed with the download. Maybe not. How do I install it?

Thanks

W.

When you click save it will go to whatever folder you have saved it to. open that folder, open the file and it should be in utorrent ready to start downloading.

I have downloaded the 1.8.2 version.

Have you installed it too?

Hi

I thought it was automatically installed with the download. Maybe not. How do I install it?

Thanks

W.

When you click save it will go to whatever folder you have saved it to. open that folder, open the file and it should be in utorrent ready to start downloading.

This is the problem though, because when I click save nothing happens.

This is the problem though, because when I click save nothing happens.

I had this problem too, it was taking ages to download the file so i would refresh the page, click on the link again and it would download immediately.

Also with the trackers i use I changed to their https logins and the problem disappeared.

Have you tried goole chrome or firefox yet.

Edited by sammycic

An alternative to utorrent would be Tixati which works well and seems to be easier to use.

one would be hard pressed to call the use of utorrent rocket science. it also has not been accepted by most private trackers

Neither has the latest version of U Torrent.

Using it with The Box can get you banned.

Windows Clients

uTorrent

WARNING! uTorrent 2.0.1, 2.0.2 ,2.0.3 and 2.0.4 are not approved and you will use it at your own risk, including if you get disabled for cheating in any way when you were not or loss of ratio. The Site is not responsible for how uT 2.0.* versions behaves.

Recommended version: 1.8.2 {Download Link: Windows}

Only approved versions: 1.6.1, 1.7.7, 1.8.2, 1.8.3

uTorrent downgrade information here

The Box

An alternative to utorrent would be Tixati which works well and seems to be easier to use.

one would be hard pressed to call the use of utorrent rocket science. it also has not been accepted by most private trackers

Neither has the latest version of U Torrent.

Using it with The Box can get you banned.

Windows Clients

uTorrent

WARNING! uTorrent 2.0.1, 2.0.2 ,2.0.3 and 2.0.4 are not approved and you will use it at your own risk, including if you get disabled for cheating in any way when you were not or loss of ratio. The Site is not responsible for how uT 2.0.* versions behaves.

Recommended version: 1.8.2 {Download Link: Windows}

Only approved versions: 1.6.1, 1.7.7, 1.8.2, 1.8.3

uTorrent downgrade information here

The Box

Yes, that's why I'm sticking with utorrent because I want to download from The Box. I've checked in all programmes and I've got utorrent 1.8.2 installed. When I find a torrent I want to download from The Box, I click on that torrent which then brings me to "Do you want to save or open this file". When I click on "open" it should take me to a utorrent window where I click OK and it goes into utorrent to download, but unfortunately when I click on "open" it does nothing!

Yes, that's why I'm sticking with utorrent because I want to download from The Box. I've checked in all programmes and I've got utorrent 1.8.2 installed. When I find a torrent I want to download from The Box, I click on that torrent which then brings me to "Do you want to save or open this file". When I click on "open" it should take me to a utorrent window where I click OK and it goes into utorrent to download, but unfortunately when I click on "open" it does nothing!

Don't mean to be rude but you do have utorrent open when you try to download to it, because I tried all means of downloading torrent files and no problems.

Gone back to 1.8.3 as well.

Quote:

Hi

I had uTorrent 1.7.7 which I have removed and I have downloaded the 1.8.2 version. I click on the torrent I want to download and get to "do you want to open or save etc.etc.". When I click "open" nothing happens and it's not opening into uTorrent to download.

Thanks.

W

It sounds as though your OS is not associating .torrent files with the uTorrent application? Perhaps as a result of the de-install?

Re-boot your PC.

Make sure you have your "Directories" set up in uTorrent.

Finally just find a recently downloaded .torrent file (where you have downloaded files set to go now) then drag and drop it into the uTorrent window. The torrent should start. Sometimes the "Start Torrent" window is hidden behind other windows, so make sure you see that and click "OK".

I missed the OP's follow on post. Not sure what's happeing now? Try SAVING the .torrent file to your PC, then try opening it in uTorrent (Add New Torrent or drag and drop).

Or maybe do a full de-install (use Revo Uninstaller and do a complete, advanced removal), re-boot, then install the version of uTorrent best suited for thebox. You can always find older versions just by Googling for them.

Edited by lomatopo

Quote:

Hi

Thanks.

W

It sounds as though your OS is not associating .torrent files with the uTorrent application? Perhaps as a result of the de-install?

Re-boot your PC.

Make sure you have your "Directories" set up in uTorrent.

Finally just find a recently downloaded .torrent file (where you have downloaded files set to go now) then drag and drop it into the uTorrent window. The torrent should start. Sometimes the "Start Torrent" window is hidden behind other windows, so make sure you see that and click "OK".

I missed the OP's follow on post. Not sure what's happeing now? Try SAVING the .torrent file to your PC, then try opening it in uTorrent (Add New Torrent or drag and drop).

Or maybe do a full de-install (use Revo Uninstaller and do a complete, advanced removal), re-boot, then install the version of uTorrent best suited for thebox. You can always find older versions just by Googling for them.

This did the trick, thanks a lot, lomatopo.

utorrent is old news

You should now be using Deluge which is fully encrypted (ISPs can't look in your data streams)

You imply other clients are not fully encrypted. I don't believe that is the case.

Deluge was discussed in another thread:

It made no difference to my speeds when I tried it. The biggest factor affecting download speed in general is the time of day.

Edited by JetsetBkk