Where Do Isaan-Dwellers Go For Non-O Visas?

ywamer

Anybody know if the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Laos is giving out Non-O visas? Anybody tried this lately? The embassy website gives instructions for applying for Tourist visas and Non-B's, but has no mention of Non-O's at all on their site.

Where do Isaan dwellers generally go for a Non-O visa in the region?

Take it you're after Non-O based on marriage?

I was over there 5mnth ago and no problem. I get 3mnth non-O then 2mnth extension, though immigration here told me I've to stop doing that. No matter, business able to support me from November onwards; another long story I won't bore you with!

They don't actually ask what type of visa you require on the application form, just tourist or non-imm. Maybe this is why not on their website? Just checked my passport for you, and they obviously organise what type you need by using some common sense?? :o Fair Play to them, as it does indeed state Type of Visa; Non-imm, Category; O. :jap:

Vientiane open for applications until lunchtime, we usually arrive around 9am. Queue, submit, queue, pay. Visa costs 2,000b. Friday's best, zero queues, rent a motorbike and head up-country for a couple of days. Might as well make it a holiday?

You'll save a fortune changing some THB into Kip. Otherwise you're paying 10-20% extra on each purchase?

Pick up your visa the following afternoon.

Let me know if you need any further info?