Selling In Thailand

rogerman

Never seen any farrang selling up north - i would imagine a work permit

I wass in immirgration last month and they were arguing whether they should prosecute (for a better word) a farrang that was washing pots in his wifes little resturant - Some of the women officers were saying why shouldnt he help the Thai wife but the men and other women officers were saying he should not be working - even though it was voluntary

SO WORD TO THE WISE - BECAREFULL!!

I have seen farangs selling in markets. Does he need a work permit, YES. Do they? You call the shot and you take the chance.

which market?   id like to see this farang...............do thais actually buy from them, i would think it would be a disadvantage to have farang salesman.

Some farangs do it but I wouldn't recommend the risk. We're talking about a market here and not an indoor exhibition.

The old guy a Suan Lum...every evening.

Various on KSR

More and more Nepalese in Pratunam (not really farang though)

Turkish guy selling kebabs at Jatujak

Some farangs do it but I wouldn't recommend the risk.  We're talking about a market here and not an indoor exhibition.

Various on KSR

you have a very broad definition of farang!

next ?   i assume the farang selling has a direct finincial interest in the operation,   are they making any money.    maybe no one cares becoz they not doing any sales.

Some farangs do it but I wouldn't recommend the risk. We're talking about a market here and not an indoor exhibition.

Various on KSR

Ok Ok, if we are talking Caucasian only, then the only regular chap at a market is the old guy at Suan Lum who sits and sells with his wife. The most visible is the "kheg khao" Turk at JJ and as it's food that he sells, as greasy and 'orrible as it might be, curious Thais buy it. If the OP wants to work with his gf selling stuff at a market he'll just be mocked a bit by other traders. Thai customers will assume what he's selling is more expensive, they may be nervous about language and will hesitate to come close.

Some farangs do it but I wouldn't recommend the risk.  We're talking about a market here and not an indoor exhibition.

Various on KSR

Ok Ok, if we are talking Caucasian only, then the only regular chap at a market is the old guy at Suan Lum who sits and sells with his wife.  The most visible is the "kheg khao" Turk at JJ and as it's food that he sells, as greasy and 'orrible as it might be, curious Thais buy it.  If the OP wants to work with his gf selling stuff at a market he'll just be mocked a bit by other traders.  Thai customers will assume what he's selling is more expensive, they may be nervous about language and will hesitate to come close.

maybe the old guys gets away with it becoz he just sits,  doesnt actually do anything :lol::lol::lol: .unless you need a permit to sit in selling area too :lol::lol:.

Various on KSR

Ok Ok, if we are talking Caucasian only, then the only regular chap at a market is the old guy at Suan Lum who sits and sells with his wife. The most visible is the "kheg khao" Turk at JJ and as it's food that he sells, as greasy and 'orrible as it might be, curious Thais buy it. If the OP wants to work with his gf selling stuff at a market he'll just be mocked a bit by other traders. Thai customers will assume what he's selling is more expensive, they may be nervous about language and will hesitate to come close.

could be the white farang has Thai nationality, difficult as it is .

Actually the guy i have seen is selling plants cheaper than other vendors. He is fluent in Thai and gets on well with the other vendors and customers. I take my hat off to him

Yeah I think of the foreigner "fits in" there won't be any problems, but if they get reported then that's when it might start.

I just thought of another one....the Israeli (I think) teaching rock climbing in Big C Ladprao. Or maybe that's allowed?

I see a Nigerian selling clothes from 'his shop' every day all day.

If I knew his name I would report him.

I wonder why you feel it is any of your business??

Are you sure the guy does not have Thai nationality and is not conducting a legal trade.

Interfering could cause you considerable trouble if he were to find out.

just wondering. why do you need a name to repor illegal activities?

You dont need a name

You only need a finger then you can just simply point out legal activity.

But honestly why do so many people go around looking at and concerning them selfs with what other people are doing

If some one wants to do this or do that then its up to them

But if you are going to point any fingers make sure your hands are clean whistling.gif

You guys don't get out much.

There are quite a few middle eastern and African vendors in Pratunam. walk towards byoke tower.

There are a couple of farang who openly sell stuff (handle product and money) in shops in MBK.

Don't know if he is still there but there used to be an old farang who sell stuff in patpong. he would mostly just sit and watch though but it was obviously his stall.

All over Thailand there are farang who have wives who have this type of small business. they will show up at the shop and occasionally handle money/product. If you want to argue that they are not actually working - LOL - good luck!

there is a japanese man who works in that new little japanese food booth at the emporium. and there are various farang who have restaurants and will stand outside touting their restaurant - not sure if that is legal or not.

My GF sells in the markets every day so I,ve been too quite a few. There is a Turkish guy I met and sells with his wife as front sales person and he has no work permit but does have a company ( she 51% him 49% ). I looked into this and discovered that this is a area of employment that is banned for farangs to do. There is really quite a long list of types of work we are no allowed to do.

I see a Nigerian selling clothes from 'his shop' every day all day. At the front of our condo, Police went by yesterday no action. If I knew his name I would report him.

It is better for him, for you and for everyone else that he is selling clothes (no matter if legal or illegal) than Ice, Marijuana or Cocaine as most of this Gangsters.

People like you (snitches) get a hard time where i come from. :bah: