Red Stamp Today?

I am on a 2x 60 day tourist visa,and i extended 30 days and still have 1x 60 left.

Well to my suprise they gave me a red stamp and mentioned i wont be able to do again as to many entries.

My question is can leave on 14th oct does this mean i cannot reenter for 60 days,or do they mean i can enter and use the 60 days left and not renew the 30 days,i am planning on heading back to sydney just not next month but just before xmas when 60 days runs out if i can get th 60 days.

I just do not want to leave thailand to lao on the 14th and not be allowed back in,if i know before hand will not be let back in i will book a earrly ticket back to sydney and not waste my time going to lao.

Thanks for any help nev.

Not seen this one before :(

Which immigration office did you use?

If possible please post a scan of the offending stamp, I'm wondering if you are mis-interpreting what you got.

Did they mark the visa itself in any way?

This was at udon thani,sorry i do not have a scanner right now but if need be tommorow i can go to the main town to a internet shop.

The lady told me this when handing the passport back,i did not really understand why,yes i have a lot of entries but i have just arrived back after 10 weeks work in sydney and got my 2x60 visa's from there.

Who told you to many entries? The consulate or immigration.

If it is the consulate, it means they will not issue any new toruist visa there, so you must use another Thai consulate to get a tourist visa.

Immigration at udon thani.

Not seen this one before :(

Which immigration office did you use?

If possible please post a scan of the offending stamp, I'm wondering if you are mis-interpreting what you got.

Did they mark the visa itself in any way?

No mark on visa just 15 OCT 2010 in red after application of stay up to..............

i do not know why the lady mentioned this maybe she is new,i have another stamp extension to stay for 30 days i have just dug up for febuary and has the same red stamp 26 FEB 2010.

Maybe she was wrong in what she said i hope as i do not want any problems activating my 60 days,i do have a open ended ticket flying from BKK to sydney and if not let back in will make it difficult.

If you applied for a 30 day extension of stay today the stamp would say exactly that (15 Oct 2010) as the date you must leave so nothing wrong in that and red ink is often used for stamps so it is not what is called a "red stamp" if that is what you are talking about.

Now they have full authority to refuse you an extension of stay if they wish so after your next 60 day entry they could do that. You should not have any problem using your next entry if I have understood correctly.

If you applied for a 30 day extension of stay today the stamp would say exactly that (15 Oct 2010) as the date you must leave so nothing wrong in that and red ink is often used for stamps so it is not what is called a "red stamp" if that is what you are talking about.

Now they have full authority to refuse you an extension of stay if they wish so after your next 60 day entry they could do that. You should not have any problem using your next entry if I have understood correctly.

Thanks for that mate that is the way i read it,i can do 60 days but if i go there again for 30 days they will knock me back.

Thanks for that mate that is the way i read it,i can do 60 days but if i go there again for 30 days they will knock me back.

Remember to re-enter before the use by date of the double entry visa....sometimes they are close.

As you are on a tourist visa, you can do a 30-day extension wherever there is an immigration office, so next time just go anywhere else.

Mae Sot, Bangkok (Chaeng Wattana), Pattaya (Jomtien) are all no-fuss 1,900 Baht, thank you very much here's your extension places.

If the red stamp you are referring to is just the color of the 'date' stamp, that's as far as I can see in my passport the last stamp of the current entry. I have plenty of black, blue and red date stamps everywhere.

The 'red stamp' you see references about were all from Vientiane about a year ago, mentioning "don't come back here for another visa." specifically in your passport. BTW there have been no mentions of any red stamps given out recently AFAIK, so that may have been a passing fad.

Remember to re-enter before the use by date of the double entry visa....sometimes they are close.

Good point mate i have an extension to 15th oct but looked at the visa it say's enter before 5th oct so i will have to leave and reenter on the 5th even though i have used it once?

Yes and best to do on the 4th as the wording can be read as not valid on the 5th as says before. I understand most will allow use now on that day but in the past I was told at Sadao they would not.

Thanks mate you have cleared everything up for me i will head there on the 4th just in case,best be safe than sorry.

cheers to all that have helped. nev

• 2 months later...

Instead of starting a new topic, this one will probably be the same.

I live here in Thailand now more then 7 years. No, I am not 50, so I can not get a retierment visa (800.000 B proff a years and so)

I am 46 now, but lived here in Pattaya for more 7 years. All these years I was / am on a tourist visa.

Laos double entry = 180 days >>> 60+30 visa run Cambodia = 60 + 30

So 2 times a year Laos - 2 times a year Cambodia and 4 times a year immagration for the 30 days extension.

Today I went to immagration office as always for 30 days extention, no problem, ONLY,

I noticed that a new small different stamp got in my passport. YES, colour red only in Thai language.

I asked a Thai to tramslate it and say's something like Holiday visa.

Nobody could clear it up for me why this extra stamp I never had all the 7 years before.

I "friend" whom I "trust" 80% , but I know will not sorry the language F___ me up

said, Thailand will not allow me one more holiday visa, so NO Laos run and new double entry.

So is this it for me and Thailand, time to move to Philippines or where-ever

If any of you guys, Ladies have any ideas, suggestions, experiances, advice, help or whatever

PM me or just reply to this post.

I am sure I am not the only one so TV can you please make this a open frontpage topic if many more farangs like me have the same problem now.

Thank you and regards, Ron