Beach Vendors More Annoying Than Usual Today

FarangBuddha

Been sitting in a beach chair in front of Central Beach today and the vendors seem more aggressive and annoying than usual. Even my stoney "I live here don't f#club with me" face on a few stand in front of me till I give them the brush. One even had the temerity to tap my leg with her sign!

Particularly pesky are man's soliciting funds for various "rescue" charities. Something new have been a few crippled folks begging from chair to chair as well.

They used to bug me at first, now i just completely mess with them, after 15 mins or so they all steer clear of me

the tatoo sellers are the worse, almost got in several fights, they come up to you trying to put ink on you without

asking, i pull away quickly and yell dont fn touch me! i learned my lesson as 1 tatoo guy said hey can i give you one for free,

i was kinda drunk with a bargirl and said ok. so he gave me one in about 4 mins, he asked me "do you like" and i said ya its ok,

Then he demanded 2000 baht! i went ballistic, then he said 500 baht, it got real ugly and i thought for sure it would come to blows.

Finally he leaves yelling insults at me. I yell back ewt jai lai, pom mai kwai

It seems like there has been a major increase in the number of beach venders in the last 3 years ,

Along with a major increase in other undesirable types along the beach.

You cant walk a straight line from the beach walk to the water without bumping into at least one vender.

If the Thai economy is doing so good as reported then why this increase in "desparate Thais"

Because a disproportionate of the above come to Pattaya ?

i saw a report on a Thai forum that some beach vendors were complaining that farangs on the beach were being more difficult to get money from and that some were advocating more aggressive tactics.

the vendors suggested staring at them until it becomes uncomfortable, standing in the sun to create a shadow, say the same thing over and over, totally ignore any responses (especially those in Thinglish) and if all else fails, poke them with a stick......

i saw a report on a Thai forum that some beach vendors were complaining that farangs on the beach were being more difficult to get money from and that some were advocating more aggressive tactics.

the vendors suggested staring at them until it becomes uncomfortable, standing in the sun to create a shadow, say the same thing over and over, totally ignore any responses (especially those in Thinglish) and if all else fails, poke them with a stick......

One day, when I'm rich, I'm going to hire someone to keep beach vendors away from me... How is the vendors at koh larn, as annoying or is it possible to actually relax there?

Yeah with many of the tattoo pushers in particular it's more like a soft mugging than a solicitation for services. Almost without variation they start touching my arm and I am forced to push them away. I reckon there have been violent incidents with these desperate characters.