How Much Is It To Buy An Ipad In Bangkok?

fantasyvn

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. London is a bad place to buy gadgets as it is almost always more expensive here. :(

The cheapest iPad price in London for the 16GB Wifi is £429.

Could anyone confirm whether the Bangkok price is cheaper or just the same as in Singapore or Hong Kong?

Thank you.

Edited by fantasyvn

On the Apple store it appears that HK is the cheapest, followed by Singapore. The UK is more expensive than both but still cheaper than Thailand.

At fortune town yesterday I saw the 16 gig wifi+3G (jail broken) IPAD for 22,000 Baht (no negotiation as I wasn't buying) - Apparently not factory unlocked.

I also saw the 64 gig wifi+3G (Jail broken) IPAD for 31,000 Baht and 32,000 Baht (two different shops without negotiation) - Apparently not factory unlocked.

By comparison the 64 Gig Wifi+3G from the apple store in Singapore is SG$1228 (B28,300) and in Hongkong HK$6488 (B25,700) - These are factory unlocked.

Singapore is some B2700 cheaper than Thailand >>> But May offer Tax back ???

Hongkong is some B5300 cheaper than Thailand.

I just bought a 64Gb 3G/Wifi from MBK for 26,000. From USA, unlocked.

That's a great price, actually cheaper than in the U.S. ($ 829.00) assuming you have to pay sales tax (6.25% for me).

Can you tell us the name of the shop?

deafening silence for the response where to buy...

I was at MBK this morning - my prices were 34,000 Baht (64Gb) and I checked a lot. The best price is the Apple Store in Singapore. Cheaper to fly down for the day and have a days shopping in Singapore than by in BKK.

I have been in HK, Singapore and BKK in the past 3 days and can advise the following:

HK prices on the Apple store are the cheapest and similar to the US at 6488 HK$ vs 829US$ in the US. HOWEVER, they have no stock with order times over the internet for local delivery of 3-4 weeks. Other shops are selling them at a significant premium. 64Gb 3G model was around 7500HK$ without negotiation

Singapore has plenty of stock and shops are all selling them at the same price as the Singapore apple store price 1228S$ for the 64GB 3G model. I bought here and reclaimed 7% tax at the airport

I did a crosscheck at MBK today and found that prices have come down in the past few weeks. I was quoted 29500THB for the 64GB 3G model without negotiation they advised me that the models were imported from Singapore

Within this part of the world, it means that Singapore would be the best option but costs in Thailand are not that much higher and still significantly cheaper than the UK (around £80 plus 7% sales tax saving if you reclaim it at the airport)

I can confirm that genuine Apple IPAD cases can be bought for 1800THB at MBK or 70S$ in Singapore

I have been in HK, Singapore and BKK in the past 3 days and can advise the following:

HK prices on the Apple store are the cheapest and similar to the US at 6488 HK$ vs 829US$ in the US. HOWEVER, they have no stock with order times over the internet for local delivery of 3-4 weeks. Other shops are selling them at a significant premium. 64Gb 3G model was around 7500HK$ without negotiation

Singapore has plenty of stock and shops are all selling them at the same price as the Singapore apple store price 1228S$ for the 64GB 3G model. I bought here and reclaimed 7% tax at the airport

I did a crosscheck at MBK today and found that prices have come down in the past few weeks. I was quoted 29500THB for the 64GB 3G model without negotiation they advised me that the models were imported from Singapore

Within this part of the world, it means that Singapore would be the best option but costs in Thailand are not that much higher and still significantly cheaper than the UK (around £80 plus 7% sales tax saving if you reclaim it at the airport)

I can confirm that genuine Apple IPAD cases can be bought for 1800THB at MBK or 70S$ in Singapore

Hi bkkbarnstormer, do you know if it is possible to buy iPad in Bangkok or Hong Kong Airports? Would the price in the airport be cheaper?

Thank you.

Edited by fantasyvn

Hi bkkbarnstormer, do you know if it is possible to buy iPad in Bangkok or Hong Kong Airports? Would the price in the airport be cheaper?

Thank you.

There are no shops which stock the IPad at HK airport - I checked. In Bangkok, you will certainly get a better deal in central Bangkok and I doubt that they stock it at the airport anyway

There is no such thing as "FACTORY UNLOCKED" for 3g ipads, they do not ever come locked to a carrier, some of you are talking out of your ass.

I bought the official ipad case at mbk this week for 1600 baht, found 2 shops willing to go that low. Also bought the apple bluetooth keyboard for 2400 baht at the istore, I love this keyboard, very helpful for work.

There is no such thing as "FACTORY UNLOCKED" for 3g ipads, they do not ever come locked to a carrier, some of you are talking out of your ass.

I bought the official ipad case at mbk this week for 1600 baht, found 2 shops willing to go that low. Also bought the apple bluetooth keyboard for 2400 baht at the istore, I love this keyboard, very helpful for work.

The Japanese model is locked... google it....

MNM

I just bought a 64Gb 3G/Wifi from MBK for 26,000. From USA, unlocked.

That's a great price, actually cheaper than in the U.S. ($ 829.00) assuming you have to pay sales tax (6.25% for me).

Can you tell us the name of the shop?

I can't find the business card but I'll be going back to MBK later this week and I'll get their card.

MNM

The Japanese model is locked... google it....

MNM

Wrong! lol :lol: They are still usable outside Japan on any carrier which means they are fundamentally unlocked. But ya in Japan they only work with one carrier.