Admin Options On Suspension/deleion

Guest IT Manager

If a post is complained about by other users, what should the admins do?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If a post is complained about by other users, what should the admins do?

• Suspend the Poster on the first occasion?
    • Warn the Poster in the forum and tell everyone why?
    • Put all posts from the originator on moderation for a week?
    • Do nothing at all?
    • Contact the poster privately and advise about complaints?
    • Advise about the complaints in the forum?
    • Poll users for their view?
    • Ban the poster.
    • Ban the poster and close the thread?
    • Edit or delete the offending posts?

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest IT Manager
Seems like some of these "forum administrators" need to get out a little more.

On any given day in any given farang pub in Bangkok there'll be countless expats discussing anything and everything. Most of these conversations will be energetic (probably fuelled by alcohol) and will reflect views across the whole of the acceptable and not so acceptable spectrum.

Most of us are adults and therefore able to deal with this and to separate that which is relevant and considered from that which is not.

On a forum such as this, censoring that which is libellous, defamatory to the Thai Royal Family or insulting to Thai people and their culture, is clearly a necessity. Any further censorship is superfluous.

Example. Let's say someone somewhere replies to this post and calls me a ######. Will I be offended? No, I'll just pity the poor individual and move on. Censoring his comments would be misjudged as others elsewhere may agree with him.

Each to their own. I'm sure all of us are big enough to live our lives without the rather patronising "nannying" of Mr IT.

Hi Andrew thanks for that addition to the discussion.

As a professional Nanny, all this carry on about Tomy is beyond me to understand.

Now I know you would never ever say anything to upset anyone for any reaon, however Tomy did, Tomy got a whack.

He wasn't censored he was sent to his room for annoying people, and sorry, I don't mean JUST me, though he did. He annoyed several people enough to mention it to Admins in Private Messages.

As to your assertion about getting dirty over someone calling you a ######, for the life of me I can't think why anyone would do that.. can you?

######

that tomy character is really getting to you isn't he?

by replying to his each and every post you are just encouraging him to carry on doing the things that you have banned him for.

ignore him.

show him the class your position as moderator assumes.

ealier threat i reply:

(Yes IT. it is me tomy, this is your board your rule do what you see fit, i really don't like to use second name, i sign up as tomy and i'll stay as tomy regardless of what happen.)

it mean that i gave up, there's no beating the admin, play by their rule or don't play at all, i play by his term.

but instead he came right back and bash me for it, he have to have his last word or else he won't be satisfy

one again that link is not call for, remember you are an admin, why do such thing

may i have a request, if so, can we close this awful post, to much hatred, so much anger, can we all just get along, where's all the love goes. :o, is there a way to get over this and start a new.

Good idea! History is history, I'm closing this poll now.