Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Bus Crash Kills One, Injures Many

webfact

I love the word 'collided'. So neutral. What the article should read is....

"A tow-truck speeding way past the unknown speed limit yesterday rocketed into a bus, also speeding beyond its capacity, carrying underpaid airport staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport, which everyone knows has drag-strip-racing-inviting roads leading into and out of the main airport. Unluckily or luckily one needless death was the result as of this reporting and another 10 injured. As we are fortunate to report so as not to be bombarded by angry posts by expats,no foreign tourists were involved. They may only be blamed for not supplying better vehicles imported to supply our country."

• Like 1

Why don't we wait for a more elaborate report? dry.gif

The only tow trucks at the airport are the morons with klaxon and loudspeakers who love their powerplay. Beats a whistle and a uniform any day. And the buses carrying 'airport staff' could be anyone in a uniform. But conceivably the tow trucks are a menace but cannot see how they could cause a death or injuries unless they are doing the loop around the circle like the rest of us and fighting off the bus for a position thinking it has authority to drive worse than they do on the normal roads!

these people got no right driving anything other than motorbikes. watching them try to drive cars or trucks reminds me of borat trying to use a cell phone.

"These People". What a stupid if not racist post. You have no Idea what happened!

PS what is a borat?.

Was it one of the yellow public buses? Where was it heading to?

I used to catch the yellow buses a few times per week from the airport bus terminal, and rarely are they driven aggressively compared to other buses and taxis.

Apparently looking at some of the better Thai news outlets the accident happened inside the airport grounds, carrying Thai Airways maintenance staff, a tow truck reversed into them as they were moving at high speed in the dark. One poor soul was crushed and others are seriously ill according to another report.

I love the word 'collided'. So neutral. What the article should read is....

"A tow-truck speeding way past the unknown speed limit yesterday rocketed into a bus, also speeding beyond its capacity, carrying underpaid airport staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport, which everyone knows has drag-strip-racing-inviting roads leading into and out of the main airport. Unluckily or luckily one needless death was the result as of this reporting and another 10 injured. As we are fortunate to report so as not to be bombarded by angry posts by expats,no foreign tourists were involved. They may only be blamed for not supplying better vehicles imported to supply our country."

LIKE LIKE LIKE:whistling:

these people got no right driving anything other than motorbikes. watching them try to drive cars or trucks reminds me of borat trying to use a cell phone.

"These People". What a stupid if not racist post. You have no Idea what happened!

PS what is a borat?.

Somebody resembling JT using a mobile :lol: :lol: Sorry JT I couldnt resist that.

PS what is a borat?.

Please excuse the slight diversion to answer an inquiry, here: :offtopic:

"Borat" was an international comedic sensation 2-3 years ago. In real life, Sacha Baron Cohen, a Jewish-Brit, (or British Jew?) had a comedy show in the U.K., which primarily poked fun at British institutions and social values.

Cohen then graduated to portraying an irreverent, uncouth, and often inept news reporter from Kazakstan who travels abroad to experience western cultures. In his Golden Globe Winner for Best Actor movie,"Borat--Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," his character traveled to the USA to "learn about American culture." In his character's bumbling way, he made fun of nearly every institution and value of Americans (religious, political, social, homophobia, xenophobia, ultra-patriotism, etc.). The genius of the movie was that the people he visited were non-actors, unaware of his true identity, and they attempted to accommodate this apparent foreign visitor from an obscure country. In many instances, they unwittingly exposed their deepest prejudices on camera to help teach this apparently innocent visitor from an undeveloped country about their "superior" culture.

The movie is irreverent, outrageous, cruel, and hilarious all at once (depending on your own background). He often talked about life in his home village where his sister was a whore, and the town rapist was a celebrity. He proudly shows pictures of his naked younger brother to strangers who want to see pictures of his family, commenting on how proud he was (and how jealous the village was) of his young brother's endowments. In the process, he had the government of Kazakhstan up in arms about the movie spreading a negative view of their country abroad. Up until then, most of the world was barely aware of the country's existence. Kind of a bitter-sweet consequence of the movie's popularity.

Incidentally, every Thai who has watched the movie with me saw absolutely none of the humor--their reaction was total shock and disgust, understandably so. I think the British would enjoy his brand of the humor the most (a.k.a. Monty Python, Benny Hill, Dame Edna, etc. fans). The first person to PM me with their address gets my copy of the movie (which cost me around 600 baht in Korat), free of charge. I want to get it out of my DVD collection before my conservative mom comes to visit. :hit-the-fan:

(But, please, first watch it without your Thai GF/wife/kids/partner so they won't think you're a TOTAL cretin. :whistling: )

Edited by Fookhaht

<br />these people got no right driving anything other than motorbikes. watching them try to drive cars or trucks reminds me of borat trying to use a cell phone.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> Banal nonsense, try taking the coach on the 1680 bends route to Mai Hong Son. The way the coach drivers negotiate the seemingly never ending hairpin bends that leave many a passenger (especially Thai girls) gurgling into paper bags is astounding and I'm glad that it's those drivers that perform this difficult task and not yet another foreign bigot in Thailand.....no offence intended....of course.

'bagheera' timestamp='1284904126' post='3893477']

'damian7000' timestamp='1284875650' post='3892562']<br />these people got no right driving anything other than motorbikes. watching them try to drive cars or trucks reminds me of borat trying to use a cell phone.<br /><br /><br /><br /> Banal nonsense, try taking the coach on the 1680 bends route to Mai Hong Son. The way the coach drivers negotiate the seemingly never ending hairpin bends that leave many a passenger (especially Thai girls) gurgling into paper bags is astounding and I'm glad that it's those drivers that perform this difficult task and not yet another foreign bigot in Thailand.....no offence intended....of course.

You have obviously never seen the training a double decker bus driver goes through before he is allowed to carry passengers , nor indeed , the police cruisers training before they are allowed to even SIT in the front passenger seat , would certainly open your eyes .

Incidentaly , truck drivers are only allowed to be trained by authorised government instructors before taking a driving test , not just anyone with a license , the comment would be more readily appreciated .

Don't forget the next time you board a plane under the Thai flag "these people" are the same as those sitting at the pointy end playing with all those knobs and thingys.

Your comment is hog wash!

<br />these people got no right driving anything other than motorbikes. watching them try to drive cars or trucks reminds me of borat trying to use a cell phone.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> Banal nonsense, try taking the coach on the 1680 bends route to Mai Hong Son. The way the coach drivers negotiate the seemingly never ending hairpin bends that leave many a passenger (especially Thai girls) gurgling into paper bags is astounding and I'm glad that it's those drivers that perform this difficult task and not yet another foreign bigot in Thailand.....no offence intended....of course.

These guys know what they are doing , Mai Hong Son to Chaing Mai