Koh Samui

Hi,

I would like to know where about in koh Samui is the best place to stay?

I have been advised Chaweng beach is the liveliest resort. I would lik to be as close to the nightlife as possible and right on the beach.

Can anyone recommend decent accom? I am looking for aircon and hot water!!

Thanks

Can anyone recommend decent accom?  I am looking for aircon and hot water!!

i think anyplace there,3stars up have a/c ,hot water ..

last time i went to Coral Bay Resort..but pretty private and far from night life although it locat on Chaweng ,

this one is classy and fabulous, ..but its expensive "Poppies Samui Resort Hotel"

try to check from here

http://www.samui-hotels.com/hotels/chaweng_beach.htm

( better u check from the map also where hotel-bangalow locate..if u love nightlife, choose around the middle of chaweng)

enjoy..

Bambi

Hi,

I have been advised Chaweng beach is the liveliest resort.  I would lik to be as close to the nightlife as possible and right on the beach.

Thanks

I always stay at The Ark Bar, right near all the nightlife, cool tunes nice people.

It's a great place to meet people, a lot of guests at other hotels tend to hang out there. It's on the beach and has a small pool.

All the rooms are clean with good air-con check out there site here (includes menu) Ark Bar

I've stayed there 4 times in the last 2 years and apart from in April - June when the tide is quite a long way out I cant find a fault with the place.

Hi,

I have been advised Chaweng beach is the liveliest resort.  I would lik to be as close to the nightlife as possible and right on the beach.

Thanks

I always stay at The Ark Bar, right near all the nightlife, cool tunes nice people.

It's a great place to meet people, a lot of guests at other hotels tend to hang out there. It's on the beach and has a small pool.

All the rooms are clean with good air-con check out there site here (includes menu) Ark Bar

I've stayed there 4 times in the last 2 years and apart from in April - June when the tide is quite a long way out I cant find a fault with the place.

Ark Bar it's a good choice with quite resonable price considering being in the centre of nightlife, clean rooms, swimming pool, good food and Wednesdays DJ Live parties.

Think this is one of the best choices.

Just along Chaweng Beach from Ark Bar is Samui Coral Resort aka "Da Papa". It has bigger pool, poorer restaurant, better rooms and a little quieter. (I still like the Ark Bar).

locatred right in the middle of chaweng, short walking distance from night life.

www.samuicoralresort.com

Hi,

Thanks

Where is "best" is in the eye of the beholder..different people will look for/want different things.

We stayed at the Evason Sila recently and were 100% impressed. The Anantara is also reportedly quite nice. Both places a quick commute to Chaweng and very handy to the airport and best golf course.

Penelope,

I am also looking for a total hideway and would like to know

the price range for the Evason Resort. It sounds an

excellent revitalizer.

there are many rates for different room types.

basic suite would see you at 15,000 to 20,000 per night.

president suite you are looking at > 100,000 per night.

if you have a visa platinum or infinite card you can get a 35% discount on all room types.

the resort and all acitivitys/ammenties/services/food is stunning.

Sila Evason

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks

I always like the cabanas at the Chaweng Buir Resort. Get one next to the water and sleep well with the surf pounding a steady pulse. Further down the beach away from most all nightlife is Munchies, which is cheaper and much older, but they've a few cabins even closer to the surf.