Printer W/ Continious Refill

scorpio1945

I bought a Canon multi-function printer with a continuous ink refill system from KVC. Great idea when it works. Problem is I have to keep taking it back, (100bt), because one of the lines, usually magenta, goes dry. They gave me no instructions for the system. I have fixed it a couple of times by disconnected the lines from the cartridge and vacuuming the ink to the end. One heck of a mess though.Still goes dry. Is there a trick here I can not figure out. :realangry:

PS I notice that every time I go there there are similar printers coming in for service.:ermm:

Edited by scorpio1945

Thanks but it is not the Canon I am having a problem with. It is the after market refill system which is not Canon. If fact Canon would void the warranty if they knew it was on there.:huh:

I had an ink tank which is probably what your talking about. I think a lot of problems with ink in this country are due to lack of use. Thats my experience . Are you printing regularly ?

Just wait till the thing drops off the side of the printer and spills the contents of all four tanks on the floor :D

Just wait till the thing drops off the side of the printer and spills the contents of all four tanks on the floor :D

I know how you felt, talk about a mess and it takes ages to clean the ink from your hands.

I usually find that the ink will not dry up if you keep the tank about half full.

I know how you felt, talk about a mess and it takes ages to clean the ink from your hands.

I usually find that the ink will not dry up if you keep the tank about half full.

I do an occasional print to keep it from drying. I also keep it topped up to the recommended fluid level. Despite that, one or two of the ink lines empties out. In theory, by using the printer, the cartridges will form a vacuum and keep them filled. Some colors work, some don't..

Mine seem to work better if I keep them half empty. I notice that I have more problems if I keep them half full.