Art Supplies

harsu

I wonder if anyone can help? I am looking for a product called 'masking fluid' (though 'copydex' glue will do as a substitute). It's a rubber latex liquid that you can paint on paper or canvas and then apply your paint over the top. When the painting is dry, you rub off the latex masking fluid with your finger to reveal the original paper. Often used in watercolour painting. Windsor and Newton produce one type. I have been in all the art/stationary shops in the centre of Chiang Rai (most of the ones I have found are in the roads between the two clock towers) but with no luck. Had a look at the hobby and the photography forum sites but there's nothing there. I visit Chiang Mai relatively often , but am willing to order it from anywhere if it exists in Thailand. Any suggestions for places I haven't looked would be welcomed.

There's a big store near the Moon & Sun hotel which has a lot of arty stuff, it's called either Munich or Berlin. The road is the one going from the police station to King Mengrai statue, it's on the right hand side, worth a try.

I haven't 'found' that one. I'll certainly check it out. Thank you.

There's a big store near the Moon & Sun hotel which has a lot of arty stuff, it's called either Munich or Berlin. The road is the one going from the police station to King Mengrai statue, it's on the right hand side, worth a try.

I haven't 'found' that one. I'll certainly check it out. Thank you.

Had a look today in this store. No luck with the masking fluid, but lots of other arty stuff, so thanks for the directions.