Multi Entry Visas

today we visited udon immigration... a 3 month non o visa can no longer be extended for 2 months (more than 1 time we think)... so now we have to visit lao every 3 months.....i checked with some other expats and this seems to have happened in last month... (this doesnt effect people that have 1 year visas) when are the rules going to be consistant....5 months previously the boss at udon had confirmed that you could visit lao for a 3 month non o then extent at udon for 2 months.....

on talking to the head man he suggested that we get a multi entry from lao (i think not available as ive tried b4) has anyone got a multi entry recrntly from a local country ???????

Kuala Lumpur isues multiple non-O's based on marriage to a Thai national, if you can show 100,000 baht in the bank. Also need to show marriage certificate, wife ID-card and house household book, together with a simple note asking for a visa for you.

other nearestioption would be Australia, without need of showing money.

Posts like this always bring to mind that the Thai-Visa-Situation is (and has been) a complete chaos as long as I can remember.

- Rules can be re-interprated or can change overnight.

- Visa regulations seem to be subject to individual Emabassy-Interpretations depending on country and/or how the "boss" at the embassy decides to interpret legislation. = In a strict or rather liberal way.

- Therefore, the subject "where is the Visa-Situation (at the moment) being handled in a liberal way" comes up here on a regular basis.

- It is (for example) beyond my comprehension, why a Farang, married to a Thai Lady has to leave the country for visa purposes at all as long he developes no criminal record. Nevermind non-O visa.

It could be so easy and clear-cut. For example: A Thai-Lady, and married to a Swiss-Citizen can stay for 5 years and doesen't have to leave the country ever. A 5 year "C"-Permit costs a total of 60 Francs = 1800 Baht !!!!! This 5 year permit can be extended for another 5 years or the Thai-Lady can apply for Swiss Citizenship. ONLY CONDITION: The marriage has to be "intact". Easy and clear-cut, right ?

Now, that Thailand aspires (and claims) to be a member of the globalized world, I would hope that Thai-Authorities could be convinced to adjust their Visa-Djungle to "western standards".

It would possibly speed up things, if the long term Farang-Community, married to Thai-Nationals (if I am correct over 40'000), would make an (organized) effort, with the goal to simplify the visa-situation and that Thai Authorities take their clue from "western countries". = See above!

Some food for thought. Cheers.

Kuala Lumpur isues multiple non-O's based on marriage to a Thai national, if you can show 100,000 baht in the bank. Also need to show marriage certificate, wife ID-card and house household book, together with a simple note asking for a visa for you.

other nearestioption would be Australia, without need of showing money.

I newly got a one year multiple entry in Seoul. I think Seoul is closer to Thailand than Australia. I did not need any evidence of income nor evidence of money in any bank. Actually I got it based on my fatherhood for a Thai born child, not marriage.:jap: