Internet Explorer Cannot Open The Internet Site

PattayaParent

Having problems today opening some websites.

Oddly enough the websites I use every day, like ThaiVisa, BBC Sport, F1 website.

Any other websites I sometmies look at, or are just saved for reference have no problems opening.

After a lot of messing around uninstalling IE8, and having the same problem with IE6, and re-installing IE8 I can now access ThaiVisa, but still have problems with the other favourites.

I've tried the same websites on another computer using IE8 and the same internet connection and there's no problems so I guess it's isolated to my computer.

The only other difference is that today I am using my computer at home, instead of at work where I've had the same message but it's fixed when I hit 'refresh' or 'diagnose connection problems'

Anyone got any suggestions as to what is the problem, and how to fix it.

Thanks

Edited by PattayaParent

All most sounds like the network at work is redireacting non work related sites. Just guess. Reloading the page at home does not get re directed to abort message. The list of sites effected may start to grow at work. If you don't have problem at home the PC is likely to be fine.

Ahh I read that to be the other way around. Could be your DNS at the ISP. Never hurts to have another browser I use Fire Fox but have IE on my windows box, I need it for the gateway. Can try open DNS it may be more reliable at resolving names then the ISP.

I should add that the pages I try to open clearly display behind the error message so they are reachable.

it's just when I click to close the error message the page closes to a "Cannot open webpage" message on a blank screen.

And it's only some pages, for example I can open the BBC homepage with no problem, but when I want to open the Sport page it aborts.

I've downloaded Firefox and may give that a go if there's still a problem when I get to the office tomorrow.

Exact same problem with True in the Rajprasong area and on the Thammasat computer system in Rangsit, so it must be something widespread.

I did notice that if I close the message box, wait for the page to show up as not available, and then hit the back button the page will load fine....

I should add that the pages I try to open clearly display behind the error message so they are reachable.

it's just when I click to close the error message the page closes to a "Cannot open webpage" message on a blank screen.

And it's only some pages, for example I can open the BBC homepage with no problem, but when I want to open the Sport page it aborts.

I've downloaded Firefox and may give that a go if there's still a problem when I get to the office tomorrow.

Firefox is a good option IMO as an alternative browser, if I remember correctly , when the new system/improvements were installed to Thai Visa, I was having problems with IE 8, now use firefox for certain sites and problems are rare.

I'm getting the same thing here in HCMC but it is random. I can open a website, view anything from three to ten pages, then dunk!

I've been having problems with IE for the last couple of days..I can't sign into this site with it or log into btinternet.com (my e-mail site), however using Chrome no problem with either. I'll just use Chrome until something gets sorted or hopefully someone here explains where I'm going wrong.

^opened your link using Firefox and clearing the DNS but still have a problem in IE.

Use FF to search and download Hijackthis from Trend. Run the the program and post the log. See if there are some redirects attached to your IE.

I was able to locate and download Hijackthis in IE. I still need to use IE as the company system is built around IE and doesn't work in another browser so I'm using FF for the websites that won't open in IE, and IE for all others.

The hijackthis log file doesn't mean much to me. Perhaps you can tell me if you can see a problem.

Thanks

The website I've been having most trouble with is Daily Telegraph UK that I read just to keep up with events back there. They also have quite good galleries of photos that I like browsing through. It's those strings of pictures it did it most on. Last night it was all but unusable though tonight it hasn't done it once (touch wood).

I wondered if it was/is a virus doing the rounds. My Kaspersky is close to it's renewal date but that shouldn't make any difference until well beyond it.

I'll never understand these computers all the time my ar5e points down. :(