U.S. Visa For Thai Caregiver

I hope to take my Thai caregiver with me to the US next year. He has been in my employ here in Thailand for four years now and is indispensable. Anyone have any experience with obtaining such a visa for a Thai national? I will contact the US Embassy of course, but would appreciate any information you might have to offer. Thanks.

Hi- I think the standard visa to go to the USA is now a 2-year visa. I requested a 6 month for my Thai wife and got 2 years. Later I requested a 6 month, bth for my Thai wife and for her son and got 2 year visas for both. My oinion is to get the person a 2-year B1/B2 (Tourist) Visa and then change it to a 10 year in the USA.

Hi- I think the standard visa to go to the USA is now a 2-year visa. I requested a 6 month for my Thai wife and got 2 years. Later I requested a 6 month, bth for my Thai wife and for her son and got 2 year visas for both. My oinion is to get the person a 2-year B1/B2 (Tourist) Visa and then change it to a 10 year in the USA.

Don't think that'd fly very far.

Do a google for: u.s. care giver visa

And for: u.s. maid visa

There're lots of hits and some are close to your situation.

Mac

Agree with ThanyaburiMac. Don't try to bypass the legalities and do the hard yards so there are no questions or doubts. The Embassy gets a lot of 'carer' requests especially from guys with miniskirted tattoo'd ladies who could be their daughters. They try to stretch the meaning for the word 'carer'!!! laugh.gif Make it legit and you should be okay.

This is possible? you mean change to diff visa type i suppose. that doesnt sound overly kosher

Edited by Fred Sanford